Farangs In Ratchaburi

Nowhereman60

The Hin Kong I know is just off the 3207 NW of Ratchaburi. If that's the place I'm about 40k away. There are a few "farang" living around Ratchaburi, but most are living around the Ban Pong area. I have 2 English friends there, an American, Austrian, Australian and Canadian. Ratchaburi does not have a big farang population, but Kanchanaburi, about 85k from Hin Kong, does.

I will be moving to Ratchaburi Hin Kong District any other farangs live out here in Ratchaburi area.
I hope you know where you are now :D I am one of the few farangs who live in the Ratchaburi area in Khao ngu on the 3082 on the way to the bat caves. If you feel lonely drop in :o

• 4 months later...

Sorry- this is a pretty old topic but I didn't notice at the time.

Actually there are quite a lot of farang in Ratchaburi- certainly in the town. My school alone employs 14 and neraly every school has at least one farang if not several. There are also quite a few lads living locally married to Thais- some retired, some contracting overseas for x months a year and some working in local industry.

If you want to meet farangs, check out Mum Sabai in town- a little street corner bar on Kathathorn road. It's a lively place and there's usually a farang presence but it's pretty well guaranteed on a Friday night.

• 4 months later...
Sorry- this is a pretty old topic but I didn't notice at the time.

Actually there are quite a lot of farang in Ratchaburi- certainly in the town. My school alone employs 14 and neraly every school has at least one farang if not several. There are also quite a few lads living locally married to Thais- some retired, some contracting overseas for x months a year and some working in local industry.

If you want to meet farangs, check out Mum Sabai in town- a little street corner bar on Kathathorn road. It's a lively place and there's usually a farang presence but it's pretty well guaranteed on a Friday night.

Not living inThailand (yet) but wife is from Tha Maka. We have met up with Derek and family and with Rudy and family. Wife and son are just back from Thailand where we bought land in Samut Songkhram.

So that's where we wil live eventually. Mum Sabai is noted.