Pai - Current Info Plz

jimmym40

Wife and I would like to make a couple day trip to Pai in the next week or so. Anyone live there or has been there recently? Would like to know what the weather is like and any recommendations for guest house/hotel? Things that are a "must do", "must see".

Thanks for all responses.

Wife and I would like to make a couple day trip to Pai in the next week or so. Anyone live there or has been there recently? Would like to know what the weather is like and any recommendations for guest house/hotel? Things that are a "must do", "must see".

I'm planning to go on Monday and have heard of flash-flood warnings. Any info? Any good accommodation recommendations - not based on price? Value for money is okay, grot is not. :o

Edited by KevinHUNT

I'm planning to go on Monday and have heard of flash-flood warnings. Any info? Any good accommodation recommendations - not based on price? Value for money is okay, grot is not. :o

A whole lot of info here www.allaboutpai.com

I've stayed here a few times, 4 km out of town, but so so blissfully quiet, www.puravidapai.com (antithesis of grot!)

Just came up from CM Sunday afternoon, and the road is OK but areas of mud around new power pole sites can be slippery. Weather has been rain showers with periods of sun illuminating the beautiful mountain squalls which the Puravida does indeed have a great view of....

you cant forum search for 'Pai' because either the admins of Thai Visa dont have root access to to their SQL Database and cant change - or they have turned off short word searches because it takes up inordinate amounts of processing power.

but right now I am sitting on my porch in pai - it rained earlier and now it is sunny there is a remnants of a rainbow - It is quiet lately - a steady low flow of visitors - some rainy nights - not too crowded - great for a visit as always. this is a good time of year to visit because it is like the old days without the bangkok mobs.

tell me what your budget/requirements are and can recommend a good place to stay.

Edited by Shah Jahan