Thailand Air Mail Service

Kadafi

Hi ive sent a package off on 3rd July to Holland but have been informed it has not been received. I sent it via Thai air mail and i do have a tracking number on the receipt but not online tracking or anything.

Has anyone experienced trying to track down a lost item and how long and what kind of process it is? ive never experienced anything going awol on the post before.

Because of the Thai holiday i cant get onto my local office until monday.

Edited by Kadafi

Hi ive sent a package off on 3rd July to Holland but have been informed it has not been received. I sent it via Thai air mail and i do have a tracking number on the receipt but not online tracking or anything.

Has anyone experienced trying to track down a lost item and how long and what kind of process it is? ive never experienced anything going awol on the post before.

It sounds like you sent it VA (insured) or RD (registered).

First of all 3rd of July is not particularly late, most arrive 7-12 days, but anytime 3-30 days is possible.

Usually the PO ask you to wait 1 month, and then you fill in a form and sit out the wait, which can be a couple of months.

In all honesty parcels rarely get lost and in my considerable experience we are talking about insufficient address, unclaimed, or local fraud, the latter particularly so if this is a trade.

First of all 3rd of July is not particularly late, most arrive 7-12 days, but anytime 3-30 days is possible.

Usually the PO ask you to wait 1 month, and then you fill in a form and sit out the wait, which can be a couple of months.

In all honesty parcels rarely get lost and in my considerable experience we are talking about insufficient address, unclaimed, or local fraud, the latter particularly so if this is a trade.

Thanks

Yes the tracking code starts with RD, i have been on NTN website Neverlands and the item is not registered as coming into the Country as yet. I sent two other items the same day (both to United Kingdom) which arrived on 8th and 9th July, i guess post to Neverlands will take longer.

Hopefully it will arrive as now its been 16 odd days, crazy that Thai mail website doesnt track the item until it leaves the Country...

Thanks

Yes the tracking code starts with RD, i have been on NTN website Neverlands and the item is not registered as coming into the Country as yet. I sent two other items the same day (both to United Kingdom) which arrived on 8th and 9th July, i guess post to Neverlands will take longer.

Hopefully it will arrive as now its been 16 odd days, crazy that Thai mail website doesnt track the item until it leaves the Country...

I don't think you'll be able to track it at all, it's not a trackable number like EMS.

You will be able to put a trace on it as it needs to be signed for along the way.

Parcels from BKK clear Thailand within 2 days.

UK and AUS are generally the fastest and most reliable, the Netherlands a little slower but also reliable. France and Italy plain awful, using regular post anyway.

I really don't know what factors there are in loss, but I honestly think genuine loss is a rarity.

It's still too early to be thinking this way though.

Check your receiver has not missed a calling card from PO.

Thai registered mail is indeed trackable (it does not have to be EMS to track). I have done this several times. Sometimes the tracking is accurate, sometimes it only tracks as being received into the Thailand postal system. But you should at least have a look. I send stuff to the US and about half the time the Thai registered mail also tracks on the US postal service web site as well.

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinter...lt.aspx?lang=en

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks

Well it has now been 21 days and have been informed receiver has still not got the item i sent, i have checked with TNT Netherlands and the item is not registered as coming into the Country yet.

Ive typed the tracking number into the thaipost website and it is showing 'item not found', i have also been to the post office and im getting no help..just being told to wait longer.

I take it there are no direct flights to Netherlands from Thailand? so i guess maybe if it did clear Thailand after 2 days its currently in the Country at the half way point, i dont know. I cant imagine how it can take 21 days for a parcel to arrive in the Netherlands so i guess theft is a possibility...

I think what im concerned about is every item ive sent before at least shows up on thaipost website being dispatched from Pattaya but this is showing 'item not found' and being 21 days i have my doubt that its even been sent.

At least in England, US you can sort problems like these out but in Thailand its so much more difficult trying to explain to a member of staff what the problem is and them knowing how to deal with it...

Thai registered mail is indeed trackable (it does not have to be EMS to track). I have done this several times. Sometimes the tracking is accurate, sometimes it only tracks as being received into the Thailand postal system. But you should at least have a look. I send stuff to the US and about half the time the Thai registered mail also tracks on the US postal service web site as well.

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinter...lt.aspx?lang=en

Are you sure this applies to RD and VA ? and small packets, I've not had the same experience. I'll try a sample though.

Well now its been nearly a month and still not received in Netherlands.

Sent 3/07/08...

You can actually call a helpline. But any post office should give you the necessary form.

As mentioned, true loss is really unusual, some end up coming back a month down the road. This time of year people also go on holiday and forget to collect. Some people do just cheat particularly where paypal caims are concerned.

I've never lost items to tried and trusted contacts.

• 8 months later...
Well now its been nearly a month and still not received in Netherlands.

Sent 3/07/08...

You can actually call a helpline. But any post office should give you the necessary form.

As mentioned, true loss is really unusual, some end up coming back a month down the road. This time of year people also go on holiday and forget to collect. Some people do just cheat particularly where paypal caims are concerned.

I've never lost items to tried and trusted contacts.

Do you know what the number of this helpline is for Thailand or how to track it along the way as I've had a package not arrive in the UK. It had an RA number which is worrying as that looks more like a domestic not international tracking number using that link for tracking through the American ewbsite. It's been over a year anyway so I've kinda given up, just trying to find out really for insurance purposes.

Edited by bigblondeben