Solar Water Pump

Gentleman,

Before I drop another 1000 Bucks down the hole can anybody supply / better this Solar pump inside the Kingdom.

Solar water pump: ทั้งหมดนี้เราขายเพียง 33,500 บาทเท่านั้น

5.2cm dia

Length x 36cm

Maximum Scenario:

6hours @ 20mtrs 72ltrs cloudy 264ltrs sunny.

Appreciated regards

Matt

post-33525-1216451423.jpg

Gentleman,

Before I drop another 1000 Bucks down the hole can anybody supply / better this Solar pump inside the Kingdom.

5.2cm dia

Length x 36cm

Maximum Scenario:

Appreciated regards

Matt

post-33525-1216451423.jpg

Is that 72 and 264 ltrs respectively per hour, or total volume pumped over 6hrs? (I'm guessing from the pump diameter its going to be total volume - please correct me)?

Your big rstriction here is the pump body diameter - are you restricted to this diameter to get it into the borehole? - asking because there are better options (volume and cost wise, albeit not solar) if you can use a larger diameter pump body, or even install the pump above ground level.

Anyhow to answer your question - seems quite a nice product, and no - you'd be hard pressed to beat that cost for a complete soalr water pump kit - just cost/volume wise I think you could do a little better, but I don't know your circumstances compleltly.

1) are the figures you give what you want, or what the manufacturer claims?

2)

Hi MF

Hope all's well.

Total volume pumped over 6hrs correct...

Manufacturer claims this...

Height of water/daily water delivering amount at 6 sunshine hours

@ 20mtrs sunny 264ltrs cloudy 72

15 372 100

10 462 138

5 536 168

Agree totally with you about cost and volume, but I’m restricted with water output and PVC casing being a small 3”.

Idea is to just use this to Top off the shower water tanks for the Farm shack quarters, and livestock trof.

The hand pump works but time wise is a laugh.

Anybody Ideas / Experience on how long this system would last.

Cheers

Matt

I'm in Chiang Rai, and want to get a solar submersible water pump.

couple challenges: the sun doesn't shine bright all year. In the dry season, it's clear, but the skies are closer to white than to blue color. Actually, I know even white skies are moderately ok for PV panels.

The other issue is head. Mine will have to pump up to about 55 meters above water level (head).

I did some research last year, and found a subm pump that runs on either AC or DC. I don't still have the URL, but it wasnt a cheap unit.

Anyone have an address for the unit mentioned inititally by the OP - or any other outlets/individuals selling such stuff?

Any advice appreciated.

couple challenges: the sun doesn't shine bright all year. In the dry season, it's clear, but the skies are closer to white than to blue color. Actually, I know even white skies are moderately ok for PV panels.

The other issue is head. Mine will have to pump up to about 55 meters above water level (head).

I did some research last year, and found a subm pump that runs on either AC or DC. I don't still have the URL, but it wasnt a cheap unit.

Anyone have an address for the unit mentioned inititally by the OP - or any other outlets/individuals selling such stuff?

Any advice appreciated.

I think you will be very pleased with K. Thanad at ENGINEO in Chiang Mai. Speaks good english, is friendly and honest and really smart.

http://www.engineo.co.th/index%20Eng.html

Any advice appreciated.

You don't say what sort of volume you want to (or need ) to pump - that is going to have a big impact on the cost of the pump needed. is this for a home (in which 3 000 litres per day/24hrs is plenty for most homes), or is it for a business (?)

How do you know you need 55meters - presume the borehole is already sunk? - Yes/No - in which case, the question then is: what is the bore diameter (?), because that is going to determine what size pump you can use, and the size of pump you can use is going to determine both cost and the amount of water you will be able to pump over any period of time (?)

Pumping against 5,5 bar pressure (55meters depth) is going to consume a fair bit of electricty - and cost even more if you have no AC and have to generate it using a diesel gennie. DC in this case is pointless - you are going to have to generate the AC in the first place to get rectified DC and to do so with sufficient power factor conversion for pumping at 5,5 bar is going to make it clsoe to twice as expensive as using generated AC, never mind grid supplied AC.

• 1 year later...

5.2cm dia

Length x 36cm

Maximum Scenario:

This must be a joke !

read again,plz !

:)

a normal cheap pump (18m max),will pump 540liter per hour!(cost 8000 bht)

A submersible pump (max 40-50 m) will give you about 4000 liter per hour !!!!!!!(cost 12 000 bht)

This "new invention" gives between 12 and 44 liter per hour ?????(cost 23 000 bht?????)

can i start laughing now?

Lucjoker,

No joke or laugh it’s a tiny solar driven pump 52mm Dia and 360mm long (no batteries) just two also tiny solar panels.

Please advise where I can buy lager solar unit in the Kingdom for your prices quoted.

I don't understand your!!!!!! and?????

But when I was looking round years ago I couldn't find much in this range of solar pumps inside the kingdom.

You say normal cheap pumps as if Dc pumps are on the shelfs like lollypops.

Please advise where I should shop.

C-sip

5.2cm dia

Length x 36cm

Maximum Scenario:

This must be a joke !

read again,plz !

:)

a normal cheap pump (18m max),will pump 540liter per hour!(cost 8000 bht)

A submersible pump (max 40-50 m) will give you about 4000 liter per hour !!!!!!!(cost 12 000 bht)

This "new invention" gives between 12 and 44 liter per hour ?????(cost 23 000 bht?????)

can i start laughing now?

• 2 months later...

Has anybody here ever used a solar water pump? Any word on how long this pump last that delivers 264 liters 20 meters up in six hours? Are there any solar pumps for sale in Thailand that can deliver to 30 meters? Any that have more power than this one available in Thailand?

Lots a questions. Best regards, Lee in Chiang Rai