Flourescent Lights

rken

I will pay 5bt for used 4Ft long used flourescent lights. I will pick up in the Chiang mai area or pay for shipping for other areas. Please contact me at 053245707 rick. Have fun aloha

I appreciate the upping the price, but maybe you need a more targeted approach too. I say try to find some of the CM local Farang that work in big Lamphun, Lampang Factories that might actually have lots of lights that need replacing regularly. Otherwise most of us folks are gonna just be 1-2 bulb hits and that's slow for what I'm thinking you're trying to do. As well you might bring along your smooth Thai translator and hit up a Tesco, Big C or Carrefour for some. They use plenty of lights. Overall I'm not sure you're gonna reach enough of the right ppl just posting here, though it was worth a try. Good luck.

......so my guess is DIY solar water heating units, top and tail the tube - wash out the fluorescent coating?

Wouldn't that work better with metal tubes painted black ?

I Googled for uses for used tubes and found nothing....

Wouldn't that work better with metal tubes painted black? I Googled for uses for used tubes and found nothing....

I have seen such solar water heating tubes, black painted metal pipe enclosed in a glass tube that provides a mild vaccum around the metal to prevent heat loss due to conduction. I believe there is a German/Thai company making something like this near CR.

In Thailand the need to reduce heat loss from conduction is reduced so simple painted pipes would work fine. However...

I'm sure the OPs use is more interesting.

My next guess: A mercury barometer.

(( Or it's the powder that the OP is after - for a lighting project.... ))

Edited by Cuban

"Southern Thailand’s disturbing drug problem

Some bright spark came up with the idea of getting his kicks by mixing krathom leaves, cough medicine, mosquito repellent and Coca-Cola into a potent cocktail. It’s known as “four time a hundred” and it’s thought to have originated from the Deep South where it’s widely believed to be a major cause of unrest among Thai youths. The theory is that they use this cocktail and then become insurgents.

Although I’m yet to see proof of this theory, the popularity of this drug among Thais makes me wonder about the effect it has on society.

Even more disturbing is that youths have been upgrading their concoction to “five time a hundred” with the addition of the powder from fluorescent lightbulbs. Apparently they smash the lightbulbs up and collect the powder; you can imagine how dangerous this drug is.

A Kom Chad Luek report quoted a user as saying that the lightbulb powder improved the taste and made him feel “strong”."

Wouldn't that work better with metal tubes painted black? I Googled for uses for used tubes and found nothing....

I have seen such solar water heating tubes, black painted metal pipe enclosed in a glass tube that provides a mild vaccum around the metal to prevent heat loss due to conduction. I believe there is a German/Thai company making something like this near CR.

In Thailand the need to reduce heat loss from conduction is reduced so simple painted pipes would work fine. However...

I'm sure the OPs use is more interesting.

My next guess: A mercury barometer.

(( Or it's the powder that the OP is after - for a lighting project.... ))

Hmmmm maybe it is the glass tubes, I was just assuming it was for the light when I asked about the energy equation on his other thread. But maybe it's for receiving sunlight - if you grow algae inside glass tubes there would be a fairly high surface (light gathering) area/volume.

You guy are a crack up. Yes they will be used for growing algae. I'm trying to find a slick nice talking Thai to do just that go to home pro, Texco-lotus etc. and talk to them. I thought it might be nice to give some enterprising Thai person the opportunity to make some extra money. Many people read this forum and know others and so on and so on eventually someone might think its a good Idea and try it.

Thanks for the laughs Aloha Rick