Pride Brighton

Nampeung

Hi all, this year's Gay Pride in Brighton UK is happening in two weeks and I am representing Thailand in our group as the theme is 'Pride Around the World'.

Someone is going to provide orchids but I am left to come up with the costume on a budget. Help???

I have only two weeks. Any whacky/normal/gay/straight suggestions welcome. This is one of the world's biggest Gay Prides... :o

xx

Well, typical gay Thai costume is jeans and a T-shirt- more formal attire is also permitted... :o

I assume you really mean something more ethnic? Well, sarong-ish things could work for men or women, as well as a silk (preferably Thai-style) top. Wouldn't recommend religious wear for the obvious reasons; maybe consult a costume shop if you want the dancer glitz with the gold fingernail extensions, etc.

Thx Ijustwannateach,

I just feel I ought to do something more Thai as this year's theme in Brighton is 'Pride Around The World'

Well maybe I ought to talk to the local shops re fingernail bits... Gawd it's all a bit crazy to be honest.

My group and myself are representing Gay disabled people

How do you guys feel about that?

I am not sure nampeung is quite ready to go topless in a thong, her son might get a bit embarrased seeing his mum with her baps out :D

Why not hit a fancy dress shop & see if they have a suitable costume or maybe make a papier mache chilli suit :o

My group and myself are representing Gay disabled people

Is there something you want to tell us? :D

Ha no Boo!!! Just thinking too much as usual!!!

Cophen. Unfortunately if the Thai staff in restaurants did wear Thai costume and would lend it to me it would no doubt only fit on one leg!!!

We are entering Pride on power chairs!!!

:o