Baiyoke Sky Hotel International Buffet

jetzie

Hi guys, i am looking for a international buffet restaurent to bring my wife to for dinner. I rmemebred years ago my familly stayed at the Baiyoke Sky hotel, and we had our dinner at the 70odd storey high buffet restaurent. I do remmeber it was pretty ok.

How about you guys? is it still as good? any suggestion?

And since i am not a hotel guest, do i need to make an advanced reservation?

Hi guys, i am looking for a international buffet restaurent to bring my wife to for dinner. I rmemebred years ago my familly stayed at the Baiyoke Sky hotel, and we had our dinner at the 70odd storey high buffet restaurent. I do remmeber it was pretty ok.

I went there one time last year. Flooring looked old. Tables cafeteria style. The place overall could use remodeling. Children were running around. Noise level was too loud to enjoy the dinner. It felt more like a high school cafeteria. Employees were too busy to keep up with the drink orders. Food was just average low quality buffet food. I won't be going back.

I went there one time last year. Flooring looked old. Tables cafeteria style. The place overall could use remodeling. Children were running around. Noise level was too loud to enjoy the dinner. It felt more like a high school cafeteria. Employees were too busy to keep up with the drink orders. Food was just average low quality buffet food. I won't be going back.

i was there december 2007 with my wife and her sister.i agree with wath you say my wifes sister stayed on the toilet for two days seafood mjammjam

Edited by bonobo
removed proanity

• 2 years later...

Absolutely disagree with most of the above posts.

I detest buffets but the Baiyoke Sky is the best I have had in Thailand.

I have stayed at the hotel on two occasions in the last 18 months and it was nothing but enjoyable (from a free upgrade to the buffet itself).

A great meeting place if you have visitors, fantastic views, relax in the bar later (bar is a bit run-down) - exceptional value.

You will pay a tad more as a non-resident but you walk straight in (you may have step over a few Russians en route).

Edited by cardholder

Maybe you have been there since it has been renovated, because it was really awful before and all the posters above are right...

2009 and 2010. It was REALLY very good and better than food I have experienced in hotels of a higher star rating - in Thailand, Europe and USA.

I can't believe I was just lucky - twice !:)

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe you have been there since it has been renovated, because it was really awful before and all the posters above are right...

2009 and 2010. It was REALLY very good and better than food I have experienced in hotels of a higher star rating - in Thailand, Europe and USA.

I can't believe I was just lucky - twice !:)

I think so (lucky twice).

Vieuw is very good, that must be the only reason to go there. Price / quolaty is medium.

And for a romatic diner i would not go there.

I go there with the children they love the place.

NFS

• 1 year later...

Terrible now. I was there 2 days ago. No words can better describe the attitude of the hotel's manager and staffs except "Animal class". You will be regreted for whole life if stay in that Animal class hotel or having buffet there.

Wasn't there a thread recently complaining about dual charging?

A number of people complained about foreigners being charged double the Thai price, it didn't seem to matter if they were resident here. A number of people complained to the hotel and were ignored.

More than double. Playing water jet ski 15 minutes in Pattaya charged an hour rate of 1800 bath and accused of damaging the god dam_n jet ski for 2000 bath. "No pay No peace" that's what they said. Robbers and thieves everywhere!!

All that in your second post? You are good :thumbsup: . You should reach grumpy old farang platinum status on TV in no time.

More than double. Playing water jet ski 15 minutes in Pattaya charged an hour rate of 1800 bath and accused of damaging the god dam_n jet ski for 2000 bath. "No pay No peace" that's what they said. Robbers and thieves everywhere!!

All that in your second post? You are good :thumbsup: . You should reach grumpy old farang platinum status on TV in no time.

rolleyes.giflaugh.gif