Strange Page With Links On My Website

MisterMan

Hi All,

I have a new job now and I am updating the website and trying to optimize it a bit with my limited knowledge.

I came across an article about robots.txt and tried to see if we already had one.

Instead what came up was a page full of links to competitors and also with a lot of Google Ads (syndication..) This is a hidden page NOT linked to any of the other pages on the domain.

The URL's are optimized for all these places not in Thailand. The website I am working on is for a resort in Thailand. See example of links below.

There are also plenty of links to direct competitors

So what is going on here? Did the original web master (large company with great rankings) use this sight as some kind of hosts? This is terrible.

An example of the links

Vacation Villa

Florida Vacation Villas

Westgate Vacation Villas

Disney Vacation Villas

Vacation Villa Cyprus

Vacation Villa Rental

Caribbean Vacation Villa

Luxury Vacation Villas

Vacation Villas In Orlando

Florida Vacation Rental Villa

Italian Vacation Villas

Orlando Florida Vacation Villa

Vacation Villas Near Disney

Vacation Villas At Fantasy World

Edited by MisterMan

Hi All,

I have a new job now and I am updating the website and trying to optimize it a bit with my limited knowledge.

I came across an article about robots.txt and tried to see if we already had one.

Instead what came up was a page full of links to competitors and also with a lot of Google Ads (syndication..) This is a hidden page NOT linked to any of the other pages on the domain.

The URL's are optimized for all these places not in Thailand. The website I am working on is for a resort in Thailand. See example of links below.

There are also plenty of links to direct competitors

So what is going on here? Did the original web master (large company with great rankings) use this sight as some kind of hosts? This is terrible.

An example of the links

Vacation Villa

Florida Vacation Villas

Westgate Vacation Villas

Disney Vacation Villas

Vacation Villa Cyprus

Vacation Villa Rental

Caribbean Vacation Villa

Luxury Vacation Villas

Vacation Villas In Orlando

Florida Vacation Rental Villa

Italian Vacation Villas

Orlando Florida Vacation Villa

Vacation Villas Near Disney

Vacation Villas At Fantasy World

Are you saying that http://www.yourdomain.com/robots.txt shows these links ?

Its difficult to help without a bit more info... PM me and I'll try and help you figure out what is going on

Sean

Well a friend of mine has informed me what the problem is as I gave him the exact URL.

"it appears that they are using your web space and your domain name to host a signifcant number of pages featuring their own Google AdSense account. Highly improper."

Amazing.

Well a friend of mine has informed me what the problem is as I gave him the exact URL.

"it appears that they are using your web space and your domain name to host a signifcant number of pages featuring their own Google AdSense account. Highly improper."

Amazing.

That is also what I suspected. I've seen this being done quite a lot.

also if you are looking at the web page go ahead and

"View Source"

and scroll through the source code of the page- you will probably find buried at the bottom lots of little links that you dont want in there. But when you look at the actual file on the server is it just a bunch of encrypted code. ie DSAFSHGRTCXCNXCJENSDFHDSFHSDFNSDFNSDFNSDFCNKSCNSDCMDSCKMXLSD

The first thing I would do is report the pages to Google Adsense. Might as well get their account banned and earnings revoked.

:o

You should also get help from a Pro as there are more tricks they may have pulled.

Wow I didnt know i could report them. Thanks for that :o

I did have a pro look at it. It took a pro to point out that this page with unauthorized links to even competitors websites is not even an ORPHAN page but is linked to our home page. Unbelievable!!