Thread Deletion?

markwhite

I previously had a thread about my Nakhon Si Thammarat website on the go, but after having made a post to it yesterday, today the entire thread has gone.

I can't identify who the moderators are of the South Thailand Forum otherwise I'd PM you direct, but I'd be grateful if you would contact me to let me know if you have pulled this, and the reason why.

Thanks.

I located the post and it is set invisible at the moment but don't know by whom. I suspect it is due to forum rule number - "7)Please don't drop promotional urls, signature files, or specifics that would lead people to your site." In other words, no links to personal websites within posts/signatures are allowed. However you can put the URL to your site in your personal profile.

//edit - just saw a note in the topic "Reason for edit: no direct links to promote commercial sites--sbk" which is an admin's decision.

In other words, no links to personal websites within posts/signatures are allowed. However you can put the URL to your site in your personal profile.

//edit - just saw a note in the topic "Reason for edit: no direct links to promote commercial sites--sbk" which is an admin's decision.

That explains it. Thank you for letting me know. Though I'm confused that the original message contained the link and that must be a couple of months old now, and all subsequent messages in the thread were chatting about it...

I'd also dispute the fact that it's a commercial site. It earns no money and is designed to earn no money, though it does have plenty of links to commercial sites: these are clearly not direct links.

Could the thread by edited to just say <URL deleted - please see OP's profile> or something like that and made uninvisible again?

If not, ho hum. No big deal.

Guest Reimar
In other words, no links to personal websites within posts/signatures are allowed. However you can put the URL to your site in your personal profile.

That explains it. Thank you for letting me know. Though I'm confused that the original message contained the link and that must be a couple of months old now, and all subsequent messages in the thread were chatting about it...

I'd also dispute the fact that it's a commercial site. It earns no money and is designed to earn no money, though it does have plenty of links to commercial sites: these are clearly not direct links.

Could the thread by edited to just say <URL deleted - please see OP's profile> or something like that and made uninvisible again?

If not, ho hum. No big deal.

The rules stating that URL Links to Member Sites not allowed even to Non-Profit sites.

To promote your own Site please contact [email protected].

Cheers.

The rules stating that URL Links to Member Sites not allowed even to Non-Profit sites.

Cheers.

That's clear enough.

Can I enquire what is the correct way to refer to an external site without using a URL link? Given that I wasn't trying to promote my site (though I can see that it's possible to see my original post as a form of advertising with a cynic's eye)...

Oh forget all of that. The main question is:

Is there a way I can ask members of ThaiVisa to hit my site and give me feedback on it's performance and layout without transgressing the rules?

If not, fair enough. I don't wish to labour the point.

Guest Reimar

Cheers.

That's clear enough.

Can I enquire what is the correct way to refer to an external site without using a URL link? Given that I wasn't trying to promote my site (though I can see that it's possible to see my original post as a form of advertising with a cynic's eye)...

Oh forget all of that. The main question is:

Is there a way I can ask members of ThaiVisa to hit my site and give me feedback on it's performance and layout without transgressing the rules?

If not, fair enough. I don't wish to labour the point.

You can use the PM for to ask others to connect to your site and give you some feedback.

The limitation is to the Public Forum's only.

Cheers.

Fair enough, went to "Your Profile" and click onto your web-page, looked around and click out.

Thank you.

Kan Win :o

Edited by Kan Win