Suvarnabhumi To Pattaya

MMR

Anything under 1,500 is acceptable, 1,200 and you've done well. Lots of people talk about buses, but I have never tried travelling with the unwashed, and I believe these only operate in daytime hours.

£25 ($50) to travel 90 odd miles is a bargain in my book, but still too expensive for some of our 'wealthy' retirees. It used to cost me £10 to go 3 miles home from the pub in the UK.

What is the best price you have paid for a taxi from the airport to Pattaya? Are there any other options at night (23:00)?

Especially around 10-11 p.m., there are a lot of outbound travellers.

After arriving on Suv'mi, don't que up at the arrival taxi stand, but take the stairs to departure.

There you'll find plenty of cabs, willing to take you wherever for a reasonable fee.

At that time obviously the best way is by Taxi however i took the bus simply because I had the time and I have to say there were no unwashed persons as mentioned in fact it was absolutely fine, took 1 hour 45 minutes clean comfortable air conditioned and cheap at just 128 baht and buses leave every 30 minutes.

The way back was even better 150 baht straight to suvarnabhumi airport

If you have the time and are not too jetlagged take the bus its easy comfortable and cheap.

What is the best price you have paid for a taxi from the airport to Pattaya? Are there any other options at night (23:00)?

After arriving on Suv'mi, don't que up at the arrival taxi stand, but take the stairs to departure.

There you'll find plenty of cabs, willing to take you wherever for a reasonable fee.

As of Friday when I was there

This in INCORRECT information you can no longer take a cab from the departure level they have cornered off this now and taxis can only drop off and are diverted on the far carriageway and this is now blocked off with railings.

You now HAVE to take a taxi from arrivals which also now has a new system, you can no longer go down to baggage doors where arrivals arrive you are stopped at the far end and made to wait for the arrivals to funnel down to you, of course this maes no sense since the exits are still there for the arrivals and no direction to walk to the awaiting people waiting to meet familly friends TIT

Also all elevators and escalators are blocked from going to level one near the baggage arrival doors.

You have to pay 50 baht airport fee now for the metered taxi and there seem to be less touts but I beleive they are the only ones allowed to the baggage arrival doors

Edited by FarangCravings

As of Friday when I was there

This in INCORRECT information you can no longer take a cab from the departure level they have cornered off this now and taxis can only drop off and are diverted on the far carriageway and this is now blocked off with railings.

You now HAVE to take a taxi from arrivals which also now has a new system, you can no longer go down to baggage doors where arrivals arrive you are stopped at the far end and made to wait for the arrivals to funnel down to you, of course this maes no sense since the exits are still there for the arrivals and no direction to walk to the awaiting people waiting to meet familly friends TIT

Also all elevators and escalators are blocked from going to level one near the baggage arrival doors.

You have to pay 50 baht airport fee now for the metered taxi and there seem to be less touts but I beleive they are the only ones allowed to the baggage arrival doors

This is true and if you get a taxi back to the airport, arriving in the evening, you'll notice that the security at depatures is a lot stricter than it used to be at DM. My driver barely had time to stop before he was ushered on. So to get a taxi from arrivals is going to cost 1500 from the official booth.