Making Friends

eek

Recluse that I can be/have been, I have mainly kept myself to myself for most of my time here. The social side of my nature is feeling a tad neglected sooo.. wondering when the next events are coming up?

Particularly interested in making some female friends (to get other female perspectives on things and to talk about wummuns stuff with. :o ), so does anyone know when the next Citylife Ladies Night scheduled?

Also, any thoughts when TV might set up another TV get-together?

Tnx. :D

Thank you for reminding me, it has been a couple of months since our last Ladies Night by Citylife. I am open to venue suggestions for the next one, which I think will be mid to late September. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Somwhere that can fit 50 plus women, nice bulk discounts of us, free or cheap catering would be good and ample parking...any ideas? I was thinking of top floor of UN Irish, but haven't approached them yet. Cheers for your interest.

Recluse that I can be/have been, I have mainly kept myself to myself for most of my time here. The social side of my nature is feeling a tad neglected sooo.. wondering when the next events are coming up?

Particularly interested in making some female friends (to get other female perspectives on things and to talk about wummuns stuff with. :o ), so does anyone know when the next Citylife Ladies Night scheduled?

Also, any thoughts when TV might set up another TV get-together?

Tnx. :D

Hello,

I quite liked the last TV party as well.. not just because the good free food or the good free beer. But I am not against this either. I actually knew some people this time and made one good new friend that I get together with outside this venue. I know the free stuff is always a good way to get the most amount of peeps coming out of their caves out into the light. Maybe other parties that are happy hour priced and more frequent would work.

It is a while since there was anything on.

How about an Unofficial TV Night at Tuskers this Friday. Half price drinks 7-9pm to get the party started and I'll lay on some nibbles if people are interested.

Anyone game?

Haha..was a nice idea, tnx mb, but no takers! To be honest (hope no one takes offense here) im particularly looking to make some (western) female friends. Mainly for grabbing a coffee with and sharing experiences. Hopefully will make some good supportive friendships too. Im also a non smoker, non drinker (alcohol), so i might be considered a tad boring by the pub scene bunch. :o

Thank you for reminding me, it has been a couple of months since our last Ladies Night by Citylife. I am open to venue suggestions for the next one, which I think will be mid to late September. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Somwhere that can fit 50 plus women, nice bulk discounts of us, free or cheap catering would be good and ample parking...any ideas? I was thinking of top floor of UN Irish, but haven't approached them yet. Cheers for your interest.

Hi Sao, not sure of a venue, sorry, but im looking forward to when you can put together the next Ladies Night. Thank you. :D

I was thinking of top floor of UN Irish, but haven't approached them yet. Cheers for your interest.

The Ladies Night's usually on a Thursday, isn't it? UN Irish has their weekly quiz night on a Thursday...

What about Khan-Asa near Chang Phuak Gate? They have an amazing selection of music CDs, and their food's tasty and cheap. They sell wine, spirits, beer etc too.

MCL

• 4 weeks later...
It is a while since there was anything on.

How about an Unofficial TV Night at Tuskers this Friday. Half price drinks 7-9pm to get the party started and I'll lay on some nibbles if people are interested.

Anyone game?

Haha..was a nice idea, tnx mb, but no takers! To be honest (hope no one takes offense here) im particularly looking to make some (western) female friends. Mainly for grabbing a coffee with and sharing experiences. Hopefully will make some good supportive friendships too. Im also a non smoker, non drinker (alcohol), so i might be considered a tad boring by the pub scene bunch. :o

Like eek, I am also looking to make some new friends having moved to Chiang Mai area fairly recently. Rather than going to a pub or a club in the evening are any members interested in meeting for coffee and a chat somewhere one afternoon? Anyone interested?

Hi Liz, been trying to find out if some kind of ladies get-together can happen (separate from the ladies night one).

Circumstances changed for me recently and ive been very busy! Sorry.

Once I get some feedback will let you know. Hope it goes ahead and hope you can join along. Would be nice to meet you. :o

cheers Ladies for your interest. The next event is Tuesday 9th at the UN Irish Pub on Ratwitthi. Irish Pub is putting on some finger grub and I am sponsoring a blues band. It will probably be upstairs, so men, you can calm down now, sports will still be on downstairs. Hope to see you all there! Cheers, Pim

cheers Ladies for your interest. The next event is Tuesday 9th at the UN Irish Pub on Ratwitthi. Irish Pub is putting on some finger grub and I am sponsoring a blues band. It will probably be upstairs, so men, you can calm down now, sports will still be on downstairs. Hope to see you all there! Cheers, Pim

That sounds great - I will definitely come along. What time please?

Hi Liz, been trying to find out if some kind of ladies get-together can happen (separate from the ladies night one).

Circumstances changed for me recently and ive been very busy! Sorry.

Once I get some feedback will let you know. Hope it goes ahead and hope you can join along. Would be nice to meet you. :o

Hi eek, saw your posts about the kittens (have posted asking for directions to the Wat) and the festival in Chiang Mai town (wanted to go to that but hadn't a clue how to find the place!). Seems as though we have a few interests in common so I knew you had been buy. If you want company on something like that in the future let me know. Hopefully we will meet at the Citylife event. Liz