Panoramic Rooftop Bars

samuiseagull

Hi folks,

Just a quickie. Can anybody suggest a decent (slightly romantic :o !!) rooftop bar giving decent views of the Bangkok City skyline. Nothing to fancy, just nice and casual and not too formal. I'll be based in Sukhumvit 5 so hopefully not far from there please.

Cheers!!

Vertigo and Sirocco are both quite nice and hard to beat for the view, but both on the pricey side and a bit upscale and pretentious.

For something very close to you, on Sukhumvit 11, there's a new rooftop bar at the LeFenix hotel. Also, what used to be the Soi 1 complex....kinda has an arabian/moroccon theme. Neither are spectacular birds eyes views, but they are pleasant and relaxed.

Sin Bar, I believe, is on Soi 4 near the Nana Hotel...

As mentioned above, Vertigo and the other are high priced...higher style places... and pretty far from Suk Soi 5...

In addition to the other suggestions, here are two more:

Above the Foodland grocery store on Soi 5 is a rooftop bar that stays open very late...usually...until the wee hours... I've been there for that one...

Also, Hanrahan's Pub a bit further down on Soi 4 also supposedly has an open rooftop section... But last time I went there a couple months ago, it was closed at the time...

Vertigo and Sirocco are both quite nice and hard to beat for the view, but both on the pricey side and a bit upscale and pretentious.

For something very close to you, on Sukhumvit 11, there's a new rooftop bar at the LeFenix hotel. Also, what used to be the Soi 1 complex....kinda has an arabian/moroccon theme. Neither are spectacular birds eyes views, but they are pleasant and relaxed.

is it Gazebo? :o

I was looking to bring friends out to somewhere similar tomorrow night. Something not quite as formal as Vertigo but also not quite like Gazebo, Sin Bar and the others around Sukhumvit. Baiyoke II might be the best idea if nobody can think of any other suggestions.

Besides those expensive Vertigo and Sriricco, many hotels have bars quite high or near the top. I always noticed what looked like a bar at the top of Dusit Thani Hotel but never went up there. It's indoor but top floor, I believe.

Aussie...I believe the Unico Grand Silom used to be the Tower Inn???

If I'm thinking of the same place, they have a rooftop swimming pool and adjoining that, an open air BBQ restaurant with widely spaced out tables, where you can sit and have a nice meal right at the edge of the roof looking out.

Last time I was there, the Thai food was pretty good and not expensive. But it really was more of a restaurant setting... They had a small bar/counter area.... but the only people I ever saw around there were folks coming for dinner.

Are we talking about the same place???