Moving Tot And Ta Phone Lines For Free?

frenchFARANGbkk

hi,

When you move in Bangkok can you use the same TA and TOT phone numbers at your new apartment? Do you have something to pay for that service?

And What about True ADSL, is it possible to use the same contract at the new place (because if I break the contract before a 6 month period a 2000tbht fee is applied)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

In my village if you move you can keep the same number. What you do is buy alot of wire and put it from your old house to your new house. Get a ladder and climb right up and install the wires!!! I don't think this is a good idea in a large town though!

In my village if you move you can keep the same number.  What you do is buy alot of wire and put it from your old house to your new house.  Get a ladder and climb right up and install the wires!!!  I don't think this is a good idea in a large town though!

555! Not so bad, I'll try it in BKK if they charge me too much! ;-)

have moved with a tot line 2 times.

the first time i had to pay 1500bt plus wiring (300m to the next switchbox is free , everything over 300 m is 7bt/m)

the second time moving has been free, and for wiring they only charged me for 150m instead of 1.2 km.