Foreigner Beaten Unconscious Following Drunken

libya 115

Hope he has a whopping big bill at hospital.

Why are you such a dikc, the por guy may have done nothing wrong. One day you might just become a victim of crime here and i am sure you will be looking for support and sympathy, :o

Listen to me knumbskull.

You pick up a beer bottle in a bar

YOU DESERVE WHATEVER HAPPENS TO YOU.

This one pom givin the rest of you a bad name.

Foreigner beaten unconscious following drunken incident in Soi 8 Beer Bar.

On Saturday Night, Tourist Police were called to the front of Soi 8 on Pattaya Beach Road following reports that a foreign man had been attacked and was lying unconscious on the ground.

who according to accounts from witnesses, was causing a major disturbance in a beer bar located in Soi 8.

He was drunk and was using foul language towards staff in the bar. A physical altercation then took place and the man was THOUGHTto have attacked staff with empty bottles.

A group of Thai men then

proceeded to attack him as he attempted to leave the bar.

Police are waiting for the man to recover and they will then listen to his side of the story before taking the case any further.

Having visited Soi 8 mant times over many years am curious to note the thai men were at the bar, I have seen plenty of thai ladies in Soi 8 but Thai men? Only the odd one or two at most.

As the guy was trying to leave the bar why attack him? More to the point what were the other farangs in the bar doing whilst all this was going on?

I have seen plenty of dunken farang idiots in bars but I dont think I would look the other way as a group of guys of any nationality steamed into him.

The reason these thai guys do it is because they have got away with it before and it will continue to happen all the while people of all nationalities stand by do nothing to stop it.

One day it might be you or one of your family, give it some thought please!

Roy gsd

Sounds to me like he was asking for a thumping. Stoopid askholes. Hope he never comes back.

You never been drunk and pain in the arse then?

Hope you find yourself in a situation and need help one day and get the same reaction as you provide.

Roy gsd :o

So anyone wearing a red tee shirt is a Man U supporter? No other teams anywhere in the world play in red? :o

By that logic a dark blue shirt condems him as Chelsea trash and white puts him in the Tottenham camp.

Following this logic what would be your verdict had he been wearing yellow? :D

I sense we have a patent ThaiVisa method of judgment based on clothing, much easier and quicker than reading the facts. :D

Hmmmm, I sense a common tie there. Anyone from the UK, wearing a coloured shirt, must be a football (soccer) fan, and is therefore most likely a hooligan ? :D

What about the ones wandering around with no shirts ? Glasgow supporters ? :D

Some here will suggest they are just tits.........

roy gsd

Why are you such a dikc, the por guy may have done nothing wrong. One day you might just become a victim of crime here and i am sure you will be looking for support and sympathy, :D

So I am not the only one that thinks he is out of order then! :o

roy gsd

We will probably never hear the other side of the story anyways.

In any event, it's hardly likely he'd tell the truth anyways. If he did what was mentioned in the news article, do you think he'd actually stand up and admit it to the police, knowing he'd most likely be charged and sent to Thai prison for assault ?

So, "his" side of the story will probably be that he was quietly sitting at the bar, minding his own business, when suddenly a group of Thais, aided by the bar staff, suddenly decided to attack him for no reason ?

Yeah. That's believable. Happens all the time, right ?

NOT !

It would probably be the first time I've ever heard of such an event, where a group of Thais just randomly kicked the crap out of some guy minding his own business in a bar.

I'll bet the reason so many here are quick to condemn the guy, is that they've heard this story before, dozens and dozens (and dozens) of times. Farang (or farangs) get drunk in a bar, pick a fight/start some trouble, get sh*t-kicked and then claim innocence.

I've seen it, and I'm sure many here have as well, the way some people act, especially when they get liquored up. There are times when I'm actually surprised that someone hasn't gotten the crap beat out of them for the way they act. Back in their home countries they would have probably found themselves getting up close and personal with some beefy bouncers on their way to being dumped in a trash can.

But in Thailand ? Not too many bars have bouncers.

Maybe makes some yobs feel a little braver when there isn't 250 pounds of ugly standing at the door, looking for an excuse to do a 2 step tattoo on their head.

I think there are too many people here who automatically jump to the defense of a farang, regardless of the circumstances. I also think there are too many who seem to think that the almighty farang should be allowed to do things, or act in a manner that wouldn't be acceptable in their home country, but should be allowed in Thailand for some reason.

But then again, maybe some of these people come from countries where abusing bar staff and throwing bottles at them (if that is what he did do) is acceptable behaviour ?

And what's with people thinking that, if the guy did what was mentioned, that the proper response should have been that 1 other person should have stepped up and challenged him to a 1 on 1, Queensbury rules, fisticuffs match ? :D

Where does that ever happen outside of a movie ? Not anywhere I've ever been (and yes, that includes 4+ years in Europe, and many more years in Canada and the US, nice "civilized" places, before/during/after my 20+ years in the army).

Maybe some people should lobby the UN to amend the Geneva Convention, so that in the event a farang is on holiday in a foreign country, and for whatever reason ends up in an altercation (with other farangs or indigenous locals), that he may only be engaged in a fight when the opponent is the same size (or smaller preferably), and that no others may involved in the altercation (unless they are on the same side as the farang tourist), regardless of any actions or provocations on the part of the tourist.

Or maybe, some people will just have to start accepting the fact that more often than not, the "victim" of incidents such as this tend to have brought the trouble down on their own head.

But gees, who knows ? Maybe this will be the first time in over 15 years I've heard of someone in Thailand getting the crap kicked out of him for the heinous crime of quietly minding his own business while drinking in a bar ?

They do say that the truth is often stranger than fiction. :o

Go back to your drink :D

roy gsd

Whatever the guy did doens't justify the beating he got.

Really? How do you know? Was it you? Attacking bar staff (girls) with bottles doesn't merit a punch? I mean 90% the guy fell over after 1 punch and knocked himself out. But no you're right, GBH, intent 7 years in gaol - is that OK?

Read the report again and witness' say the guy was causing a "SERIOUS DISTURBANCE", still f..k waiting for the facts lets hang the guy before having a fair trial, bet back home you would be screaming for a fair trial for any offence you may or may not have committed, if he had attacked any of the bargirls with bottles then where are their injuries? Certainly the paper would not have failed to print picures of any bar girls injuries, if any such injuries existed that is.

Opps, I forgot, hanging first then the facts.

Roy gsd

Why are you such a dikc, the por guy may have done nothing wrong. One day you might just become a victim of crime here and i am sure you will be looking for support and sympathy, :o

Listen to me knumbskull.

This one pom givin the rest of you a bad name.

Firstly there is no report of any injuries to any bar staff to support the story he attacked the bargirls with a bottle, secondly he was leaving the scene, thirdly, expanding on your opinion that this one pom gives the rest of the poms a bad name, who gives a toss about what narrow minded people think? :D

roy gsd

Edited by Pattaya_Fox
flame removed from quote

Bottling someone is just not cricket. WALLOP!

neither is beating the crap out of someone by a group of men, but where is evidence of anyone being bottled?

No evidence of injury to support that claim to date/

roy gsd

I have seen plenty of dunken farang idiots in bars but I dont think I would look the other way as a group of guys of any nationality steamed into him.

The reason these thai guys do it is because they have got away with it before and it will continue to happen all the while people of all nationalities stand by do nothing to stop it.

One day it might be you or one of your family, give it some thought please!

Roy gsd

I tend you agree with you Roy. If the guy was just being an obnoxious twit, that's one of the problems with alcohol. It in no way justifies beating him until he's unconscious! :D

It's painfully obvious that Thai men think we're all cowards and for everyone to just sit there and let this happens I can see why. :o I'll bet if an equal number of foreigners simply stood up and 'acted' like they were going to stop this from happening... it wouldn't have festered into such a dangerous situation. From my experience with Thai men (I've had a few unfortunate and unexpected encounters), they back down if they don't have overwhelming odds or if they think you're going to fight back.

This guy could have been killed for Christ's sake! I'm very disappointed in the callus remarks by posters who weren't there, but still make it a point to suggest that he deserved it. You guys are a tad sick if you think this was justified. Unless this guy was molesting a kid or beating a woman, this wasn't justified. I hope you keyboard macho men don't ever find yourself in his position... geez. :D

Listen to me knumbskull.

this one pom givin the rest of you a bad name.

Were you there

Edited by Pattaya_Fox
flames removed

Red shirt! Very angry color, could this be Indicative of his intended demeanor? Maybe all he got was instant street justice for behaving badly? Who knows?
Looks like a Man U supporter to me, serves him right ! :D

So anyone wearing a red tee shirt is a Man U supporter? No other teams anywhere in the world play in red? :o

By that logic a dark blue shirt condems him as Chelsea trash and white puts him in the Tottenham camp.

Following this logic what would be your verdict had he been wearing yellow? :D

I sense we have a patent ThaiVisa method of judgment based on clothing, much easier and quicker than reading the facts. :D

No probs from me if the Guy was wearing any of the above, just so long as it wasn't Claret & Blue... :D

'As the guy was trying to leave the bar why attack him? More to the point what were the other farangs in the bar doing whilst all this was going on?'

I'll tell you what I would do in that situation, avoid the idiot. Coming from the UK i've read countless reports in the UK of good samaritans stepping in to stop violence or an ugly situation and end up taking a pasting or get killed. No thanks i'll finish my beer and leave or just pay and leave, lifes to short.

'As the guy was trying to leave the bar why attack him? More to the point what were the other farangs in the bar doing whilst all this was going on?'

I'll tell you what I would do in that situation, avoid the idiot. Coming from the UK i've read countless reports in the UK of good samaritans stepping in to stop violence or an ugly situation and end up taking a pasting or get killed. No thanks i'll finish my beer and leave or just pay and leave, lifes to short.

Agreed, i'll help a mate out in a fight, if he had done nothing wrong, but im not getting stabbed for helping some drunk in Soi 8.

Ive beaten friends up in England for trying to start drunken fights on the basis i am there to get involved should they start losing.

• 1 month later...

If you go to Thailand, not just Pattaya, or any other city in most countries and get tanked up and make a pest of yourself and offend or attack the locals, chances are you'll end up getting a kicking. I go Pattaya 2 or 3 tiems a year and see so many drunken, lone billy no mates farang being, well basically <deleted>. Im suprised it doesnt happen more often in fact... bit of luck when he wakes up he'll not do it again in a hurry.

It'd happen in a lot of English bars/pubs too, so its unfair to blame Pattaya as a place, its just Pattaya seem to be a magnet to these loners who cant handle their drink and feel the need to take on everyone and thier dog

Som num na