Do I Need Return Ticket To Gain Entry If Going To Teach

I will be taking a Celts course and teaching in Bkk. I am coming from the US and do not already have Visa lined up prior to deparure. Do I need a roundtrip ticket or return ticket or can I gain entry and obtain Visa when I arrive if I have a one way ticket. Thank you for your assistance.

I will be taking a Celts course and teaching in Bkk. I am coming from the US and do not already have Visa lined up prior to deparure. Do I need a roundtrip ticket or return ticket or can I gain entry and obtain Visa when I arrive if I have a one way ticket. Thank you for your assistance.

You are unlikely to be carried by any airline without either a return or onward airticket, or a visa. Do you already have a Police Clearance Certificate to enable you to get a teaching visa ?

A visa is issued outside of Thailand, not within its borders. If you are going to school, then apply/get the Non-Immigrant ED visa from the Thai Consulate before arriving into Thailand.

When it comes time to teach, you will require a different visa, a Non Immigrant B, and to get that, you will need to go to a Thai consulate in one of the neighbouring countries (or back to the US if you wish). When you re-enter Thailand with the Non-Imm B, then your employer can apply for your work-permit.

Here's the Non-Immigrant visa section from the Thai Consulate (in Los Angeles, CA) website: http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-non-im.htm

Edited by Gumballl

I have the background check.

How long would it take a school to obtain a one year B or O. I was planning to attend the August 4 classes. Should I push that back to obtain a B or I before I leave or do I still have time between now and say July 31.

It is you who needs to get a visa, not the school. You have to apply for it at an embassy or consulate with a letter from the school. So it depends on how soon you can get the letter. It is going to be thight, but not impossible.