Mobile 'phone Repairs

LeungKen

My 3 y.o. Panasonic Mobile Phone has a problem in that I cannot hear what is being said by a caller (The Ring Tone Works) and I cannot hear the ring tone of who I'm calling but they can hear me.

Is there anywhere here that does repairs or do they all send to Bangkok ? Maybe it's bite the bullet time and buy a new one, but wanted to explore this avenue first.

Thanks in anticipation of helpful advice, cheers, L.Ken

Funny, but this brings memories back to a time when my wife's (tiny) phone wasn't working right so we took it to one of those small kiosk places downstairs from Big C. I watched the guy and he got out about the biggest soldering gun that i had ever seen and attacked that tiny little phone with it. He actually got it working but it died again a few hours later. I believe it would be hit or miss at best.

Unless you dropped it in the water to make it stop working right. Then they sometimes will recover after a week or two of a good drying out without the battery in there. Take it all apart and set it aside for a while and try it again. Rebooting works wonders in the phone world as well as the computing world.

I suspect all it is is the speaker, or in technical terms the little bit that you put next to your ear to listen to.

Surely one doesn't have to repace a whole mobile phone just for a micro speaker ?

Yes I have already considered downstairs Big C, but thought someone might have known of somewhere in Thalang or near the Heroines monument perhaps.

Thanks anyway.

I suspect all it is is the speaker, or in technical terms the little bit that you put next to your ear to listen to.

Surely one doesn't have to repace a whole mobile phone just for a micro speaker ?

Yes I have already considered downstairs Big C, but thought someone might have known of somewhere in Thalang or near the Heroines monument perhaps.

Thanks anyway.

I live in Thalang, my advice is Big C take the phone around ask them ,you will find that most will go to other store to ask, thats the one you need. And you will get a gurantee if you ask :o

Edited by Kimera

My mobile has been fixed. My local shop had it for on day and now it's back with a 1 month warranty, I guess you can't ask for better service than that.

Would a Mod please close this thread now thanks.