Samui To Krabi What Are The Options

Am thinking of going to Krabi next week.Can anyone tell me if i can get a bus direct to Krabi from Donsak or do i have to get to Suratthani first and get a bus from there?

Also can anyone recommend a hotel/guest house in Krabi for under 1000 baht per night,must have a/c and be walking distance to bars/nightlife.Any help appreciated.

my gf and i took a bus the other way with no problems. it included the ferry as well so i'm sure you can get a bus from the pier there to krabi town because we saw big buses leaving samui back to mainland. can't recommend any places to stay in krabi, i forgot where we stayed... i'm sure the buses will stop close to many options once you get there.

hope this helps! good luck!

Am thinking of going to Krabi next week.Can anyone tell me if i can get a bus direct to Krabi from Donsak or do i have to get to Suratthani first and get a bus from there?

Also can anyone recommend a hotel/guest house in Krabi for under 1000 baht per night,must have a/c and be walking distance to bars/nightlife.Any help appreciated.

I did the opposite route - Krabi - Surat - by public bus. About 4 hours, not a bad journey. Not sure whether buses go from the pier or not.

A good guesthouse in Krabi is PK Mansion. You should get a room much cheaper than on their website - I paid 450 a night this time last year. Ask for a room on the upper floor, on the left hand side, as they have great sea views. It is in Ao Nang btw - don't stay in Krabi town as it's crap. There are plenty of other guesthouses on that soi and the songthaew from Krabi bus station (50 baht) terminates about 50 yards away. It's a piece of piss.

http://krabidir.com/pkmansion/

Edited by Super Hans

I did the opposite route - Krabi - Surat - by public bus. About 4 hours, not a bad journey. Not sure whether buses go from the pier or not.

A good guesthouse in Krabi is PK Mansion. You should get a room much cheaper than on their website - I paid 450 a night this time last year. Ask for a room on the upper floor, on the left hand side, as they have great sea views. It is in Ao Nang btw - don't stay in Krabi town as it's crap. There are plenty of other guesthouses on that soi and the songthaew from Krabi bus station (50 baht) terminates about 50 yards away. It's a piece of piss.

super hans

thanks reply.............for night life bars etc.............krabi town or Ao Nang

my gf and i took a bus the other way with no problems. it included the ferry as well so i'm sure you can get a bus from the pier there to krabi town because we saw big buses leaving samui back to mainland. can't recommend any places to stay in krabi, i forgot where we stayed... i'm sure the buses will stop close to many options once you get there.

hope this helps! good luck!

thaiwalker

many thanks.

Bangkok Air flies from Samui to Krabi, 3 times a week, as far as I remember.

they have low-season-fares now (for example, Bangkok - Chiang mai 700 plus Taxes) , go on their website and click on the BEST OF JULI button. I think the Samui-Krabi flight costs 1.200 THB plus taxes one way, but if u r on a budget, of course the bus will be the cheaper option.