Linux For Older Pc's

monty

I've got a few older PC's lying around (PII 700 Mhz, Celeron 800Mhz, all with 128 Mb ram).

Would like to put on a linux version which won't struggle with the 128 Mb, AND with proper support for Thai language fonts, i.e. Thai webpages come up properly, and a Thai keyboard is supported.

Tried puppy linux, which works lightning fast on above machines, but I simply can't get the Thai to work (on the English language distro).

They give a link to a Thai distro with the Thai language supported out of the box, but the link ain't working.

Any ideas???

Cheers guys.

P.S. have Ububtu and some other popular distro's but they all are quite slow, struggling with the lack of ram :o Puppy was much much faster, even running from a liveCD)

You might try LinuxTLE

Some info on the older version

The Thai Puppy version download does work from this link > http://www.puppylinux.org/home/screenshots/puppylinux-thai It is an iso file so may need to right click and save link as or the browser may not know what to do with it.

Actually I just downloaded Puppy (English) today because of a lost root password on an old server and needed a way to edit the passwd/shadow file. It was on an AMD K6 500MHz 32MB ram antique and works quite nicely.

If you don't have software to burn the .iso image to a CD/DVD you can download ImgBurn for free.