Transportation From Nakhon Phanom To Chiang Mai

artbottomup

Would anyone know if there is a direct bus service to get from Nakhon Phanom to Chiang Mai? It seems that airline options require backtracking to either Bangkok or Udon Thani first then heading to Chiang Mai. I would like to find a direct route to Chiang Mai & I'm hoping that there is a direct bus route.

Would anyone know if there is a direct bus service to get from Nakhon Phanom to Chiang Mai? It seems that airline options require backtracking to either Bangkok or Udon Thani first then heading to Chiang Mai. I would like to find a direct route to Chiang Mai & I'm hoping that there is a direct bus route.

My wife, who is from Nakhon Phanom, tells me there is a bus that goes to Chiang Rai but not to Chiang Mai, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

My wife, who is from Nakhon Phanom, tells me there is a bus that goes to Chiang Rai but not to Chiang Mai, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

If you get the bus that goes to Chaing Rai you have to change buses in Udon to the one that goes to Chiang Mai. No waiting time in Udon both buses follow each other. Did it last year and it took 12-14 hours from Kusuman which is 50km closer to Chiang Mai than Nakhon Phanom, think it was about 500Baht.

• 2 weeks later...

If you get the bus that goes to Chaing Rai you have to change buses in Udon to the one that goes to Chiang Mai. No waiting time in Udon both buses follow each other. Did it last year and it took 12-14 hours from Kusuman which is 50km closer to Chiang Mai than Nakhon Phanom, think it was about 500Baht.

Thanks all. Sounds like the route to Udon Thani then changing bus to Chiang Mai is the way to go.