Asia's Top Elvis Impersonator Has Passed Away

pattayamick

Sadly, Elvis Ballard, Asia's top Elvis impersonator, who for many years performed at Jomtien Boathouse and Captain's Corner, passed away from cancer at noon on 19th July.

Jomtien boathouse / Captain's Corner are sponsoring the funeral rites at Wat Chai Mongkol sala 2 in South Pattaya on Wednesday 23rd July at 7pm.

Cremation is on 24th July at 3:30 pm.

Elvis Ballard was cheerful up to the very last moment of his life. His main concern was for his wife and 11 year old daughter he would leave behind.

We are now working on a memorial tribute concert for Elvis Ballard at Jomtien Boathouse, and a date should soon be fixed.

Several artists have pledged to perform, notably Elvis Ritchie ( Richie Newton http://www.pattayamail.com/422/who.htm )

Local band, Rick and Harpic among others.

All proceeds will go towards Elvis Ballard's daughter's education.

In addition, a Website will be set up to accept donations for this purpose.

Donations can of cause also be given at either Jomtien Boathouse or Captains Corner

post-11986-1216784522_thumb.jpg

Will be sadly missed, i watched him perform on numerous occasions at the Captain's Corner where he always gave great entertainment!

My sincere condolences to his family & friends. R.I.P

I can only echo what others have said.

Only saw him perform once a couple of years ago,but great artist and a nice guy to talk to.

There but for the grace of God go ,we.

• 2 weeks later...