Error On Page

dotcom

Guest Reimar
Since the software update last night every time I load a page there is a yellow symbol & exclamation point lower left. Quote Done but with errors on page.

Is this my problem or yours?

Thanks

Clear Cache and Cookies.

Cheers.

I've got this 'Done but with Errors' message for ages. All through Win98 (IE4 and 5) and now on XP (IE6) on 90% of the web-sites I visit.

As long as the site works OK I don't bother about it. Sometimes an Ad does not display - so what?

No idea what is the reason but guess it may have to do something with the various plug-ins. Especially Flash player and other media players appear to cause most problems.

opalhort

Turn off the status bar and you won't see the error. Out of sight, out of mind. :o

I did not turn the status bar off but even though it is out of mind.

Why bother if everything is working the way I need it?

opalhort

I posted a query on this some time ago as I am getting the same “Error on page” all the time.

Nobody came up with a solution then and looks like nobody knows the answer now.

There seems to be no problem with the error message, the pages load OK and I don’t think I’m missing anything, so I just live with it.

:o

Guest Reimar

Could be a minor error in the script of the page and has nothing to do with the computer using.

As long as the final result of the display is ok I wouldn't bother with that.

Cheers.

Reimar is correct as far as general browsing is concerned (I also ignore this error) but if you get this error on a secure site (bank, on-line payment etc.) I think it is better to investigate the source of the error further.

opalhort

Guest Reimar
I only see this message browsing TV.

A lot of advice here is like "Your computer isn't working well - throw it in the lake".

I have one other option. Browse other sites.

Nobody hold you back for to so!

Bye.

None of the guys here is able to fix this problem, only to get around.

Even guys with "super moderator" status can't change Thai visa bad source code.

I looked at the error console for this page - there are at least two dozen various CSS errors, then there's another hundred or so linked javascript files, many from external advertising sites, I bet they give out a few errors too, I just disable them altogether.

Even if you find what exactly gives you "error on page", what if it comes from "true.hits.com" site - no one here has any control over True, even gods refuse to deal with them.

Guest Reimar
None of the guys here is able to fix this problem, only to get around.

Even guys with "super moderator" status can't change Thai visa bad source code.

I looked at the error console for this page - there are at least two dozen various CSS errors, then there's another hundred or so linked javascript files, many from external advertising sites, I bet they give out a few errors too, I just disable them altogether.

Even if you find what exactly gives you "error on page", what if it comes from "true.hits.com" site - no one here has any control over True, even gods refuse to deal with them.

May you need to know that ""Even guys with "super moderator" status can't change Thai visa bad source code. "" are not able to change anything in the Source of the Board Software while even the Owner of this site can't!

But I for example didn't get any Error message saying: Error on Page while browsing and using the Thaivisa Website and Forum using FF 3.

Cheers.

Internet Explorer 7 and especially 8 are not bad browsers at all, there's no need to tell people to switch to Firefox or leave the site.

I think you can disable error reporting in Tools/Itnernet Options - "security" or "advanced" tabs, or, perhaps disable status bar so that you don't see the little yellow triangle at all.

Reimar, you might want to look at validator results for TV, or at Firebug status.

W3C alidator give 115 CSS errors on this page, your firefox is just not telling you there are there.

Guest Reimar
Internet Explorer 7 and especially 8 are not bad browsers at all, there's no need to tell people to switch to Firefox or leave the site.

I think you can disable error reporting in Tools/Itnernet Options - "security" or "advanced" tabs, or, perhaps disable status bar so that you don't see the little yellow triangle at all.

Reimar, you might want to look at validator results for TV, or at Firebug status.

W3C alidator give 115 CSS errors on this page, your firefox is just not telling you there are there.

Plus:

I do NOT was telling to change to FF, I wrote that I use FF3, that's quite different I believe!

And I didn't told to leave the site, that was the member by himself, if you read his post right, I was just say bye if he like to leave! Even quite different!

The developer of this Board Software is Invision and the Owner is in contact with them already. There several small erros which may could be solved in a short time, but that's up to the developer. The Mod's can't do anything!

It's quite difficult to find an Web Software without Errors, special Forum/Web Board software. And meerly you even find any site without Error!

Cheers.