Extending Non O In Kuala Lumpur

Currently I'm on a Non-Immigrant O Multi Entry visa which expires at the end of August.I'm over 50 years old,married to a Thai lady with two children.

At the end of this month I was planning to go to Nong Khai to submit my application for a 1 year extension based on marriage.

However we've just been asked over to Kuala Lumpur for a month by an old work colleague and friend starting August 10th.

This has put me in a dilemma because Thai Immigration need 30 days to process applications so even if I submitted my extension application in the next couple of days it wouldnt be ready for August 10th.

Is it possible for us to go to Kuala Lumpur for a month from 10th August and apply for an extension based on marriage from the Thai Embassy there ?

Even if we only got it for 3 months that would give us plenty of time to apply for a yearly extension at Nong Khai later.Is it possible for us to get an even longer extension at Kuala Lumpur (6 months,1 year)?

Presume we would need proof of income,Thai bank book,letter from wife,marriage certificate,childrens birth certificates and house registration book ?

Hope the above makes sense....bit of a test for my brain cells typing it out! :o

If its not possible then I'll just do the application at Nong Khai at the end of this month,as per the original plan,and hopefully we can meet up in Kuala Lumpur some other time......not forgetting my re-entry permit,of course.

Thanks for any advice.

No it would not be possible - Consulates deal with visas, not extensions of stay. There is nothing preventing you from ending and re-starting again if you want. If you are living with children and over age 50 you do not have to have any financial amount. So you could obtain a new single entry visa and 60 days after return start the yearly extension of stay process again. Unless you are planning on permanent residence.

Currently I'm on a Non-Immigrant O Multi Entry visa which expires at the end of August.I'm over 50 years old,married to a Thai lady with two children.

At the end of this month I was planning to go to Nong Khai to submit my application for a 1 year extension based on marriage.

However we've just been asked over to Kuala Lumpur for a month by an old work colleague and friend starting August 10th.

This has put me in a dilemma because Thai Immigration need 30 days to process applications so even if I submitted my extension application in the next couple of days it wouldnt be ready for August 10th.

Is it possible for us to go to Kuala Lumpur for a month from 10th August and apply for an extension based on marriage from the Thai Embassy there ?

Even if we only got it for 3 months that would give us plenty of time to apply for a yearly extension at Nong Khai later.Is it possible for us to get an even longer extension at Kuala Lumpur (6 months,1 year)?

Presume we would need proof of income,Thai bank book,letter from wife,marriage certificate,childrens birth certificates and house registration book ?

Hope the above makes sense....bit of a test for my brain cells typing it out! :o

If its not possible then I'll just do the application at Nong Khai at the end of this month,as per the original plan,and hopefully we can meet up in Kuala Lumpur some other time......not forgetting my re-entry permit,of course.

Thanks for any advice.

You can only apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay (visa extension), from inside of Thailand. If you are in KL you have already left Thailand, so you have no entry stamp to extend.

You can however apply for an O Visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai at the Embassy in KL - with the papers you described it should not be a problem.

This would actually have been my first years extension at Nong Khai.

So if we go to Kuala Lumpur and I get another Non Immigrant visa based on marriage (90 days or more) then when just before that is up I can apply for a years extension at Nong Khai,is that what we are saying ?

So,in effect,the first multi entry has gone but this is starting again with the same type of visa.

Thanks for your help,guys.Much appreciated. :o

When does your Non-O expire.

If you go on a border run before expire date you get another 90 day stamp.

The multi entries had to be utilised by early June so I did a visa run just before then to get an extra 90 days.

So its either applying for a 1 year extension based on marriage or going to KL and then starting off on a Non O again from scratch.

When does your Non-O expire.

If you go on a border run before expire date you get another 90 day stamp.

The multi entries had to be utilised by early June so I did a visa run just before then to get an extra 90 days.

So its either applying for a 1 year extension based on marriage or going to KL and then starting off on a Non O again from scratch.

Yep. Those are your 2 choices. Up to you.

Personally I would go with the Year Extension and fit the rest of my life round that.

My Immigration status is very important to me and comes first.

Your decision. :o

But it appears he has never extended so it makes little difference if he does now or two months after his return. The only difference will be the cost of a single entry non immigrant O visa.

Understood.

I just prefer to get things sorted out as soon as possible. Peace of mind.

But that's me. Impatient.