How Do I Clean My Glass Shower Cabin

ericg1953

I bought a high quality glass shower cabin a couple of years ago and now have a buildup of what I believe is chemical residue from the water here. I use a squeege every time after a shower but that is not working. Is there any way to get the glass back to it'soriginal condition?

Thanks..............Eric

I bought a high quality glass shower cabin a couple of years ago and now have a buildup of what I believe is chemical residue from the water here. I use a squeege every time after a shower but that is not working. Is there any way to get the glass back to it'soriginal condition?

Thanks..............Eric

It's probably calcium carbonate or hard water /soap deposit. I'd try a product like Duck or Vixol or just a generic product available under the Tesco brand. These contain about 15% hydrochloric acid and this will very quickly dissolve the calcium carbonate build up. You can squirt the product directly onto the surface. You may see an instant effervescence. Leave it and reapply again until the process stops fizzing with fresh cleaner. Rinse the surface down and out with copious amounts of water. Be careful of the agent splashing onto you or towels as they may be destroyed by the acid. Be careful of metal chrome or polished surfaces they can be affected by the acid

Don't use caustic soda cleaners as these may etch the glass. Good luck

The Duck Pro (15% hydrochloric acid) seems good.

After cleaning treat with one of the car windscreen treatments,

eg:diamond class rain drop ok from the car section in Tesco.

This will greatly extend the intervals of cleaning required.

Probably a good idea to wear rubber gloves with the acid cleaner also.

vinegar works!

Vinegar would probably be the best option. If you are on a septic system you want to avoid bleach & duck & us as little as possible. And its a natural liquid good for the environment as well

Cleaning glass: Use a 30% Cloudy Ammonia to 70% Water, spray on with pressure spray, wipe off with dry newspaper. You will never have a better clean, but the ammonia can be strong and smelly when cleaning, it goes in a few seconds though, open the windows. Great on cars too!!

Cheers

Oz

vinegar works!

Vinegar would probably be the best option. If you are on a septic system you want to avoid bleach & duck & us as little as possible. And its a natural liquid good for the environment as well

and no pressure sprayer involved :o

vinegar works!

and no pressure sprayer involved :o

OK....I have decided to give the vinegar a go.....no way to air it out as the shower is inside a condo....there are metal fittings all around it and am a bit concerned that the acid might get to them......what do you think is the best way to apply the vinegar...I think I have a sprayer here and probably that would work

Try Pepsi or Coke as this was a trick I learned from truck drivers when I was young and worked at a truck stop. They used the soda to clean the road grease from their windshields.

If it cleans road grease from a windshield imagine what it does to your stomach... :o

(quote)

OK....I have decided to give the vinegar a go.....no way to air it out as the shower is inside a condo....there are metal fittings all around it and am a bit concerned that the acid might get to them......what do you think is the best way to apply the vinegar...I think I have a sprayer here and probably that would work

Eric..whats it going to be?

One minute it's the Duck,now the vinegar....instead of typing why don't you try one first then if no success try the duck.

Your logic defies me...YES,it is easier to type cr#p than actually work for 5 minutes cleaning the bathroom. :o

Wax and polish too...

That $20 dalla extra...

Just a quick bit of advice

Go to bed or don't post when you are p%ssed.

If you genuinely failed to attend a few grades in school,(quite a few actually),AUA would love to hear from you.