Anti-iphone Now Out In Thailand

Ian_B

Have had my E90 since launch but switched to the E71 a few days ago (had to go to Fortune as the Nokia shop had sold out of them)

By far the best phone I've ever had and a steal at less than 16k

So small yet so usable and has the same battery as the E90 so lasts for days without charging

Awesome awesome phone

Here's a review:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/207654/nokia-e71.html

Have had my E90 since launch but switched to the E71 a few days ago (had to go to Fortune as the Nokia shop had sold out of them)

So small yet so usable and has the same battery as the E90 so lasts for days without charging

Awesome awesome phone

Here's a review:

Its not a comparative product to the iphone..... people buying this would have no interest in the multi media functions of an iphone which is really 50% of the iphones use. Nowhere in that review did they even attempt to compare it to the iphone since its not in the same line at all. Actually they did: "As an entertainment device, though, the E71 certainly falls behind the iPhone." Dont get me wrong, Id be the first to jump on a new phone that offered what iphone offers, I hate apple for trying to put restrictions on their paying customers and would happily give someone else my business. Im just saying, you shouldnt refer to this as the anti-iphone since it wont tap into the same market at all.

Awesome awesome phone

Here's a review:

Its not a comparative product to the iphone..... people buying this would have no interest in the multi media functions of an iphone which is really 50% of the iphones use. Nowhere in that review did they even attempt to compare it to the iphone since its not in the same line at all. Actually they did: "As an entertainment device, though, the E71 certainly falls behind the iPhone." Dont get me wrong, Id be the first to jump on a new phone that offered what iphone offers, I hate apple for trying to put restrictions on their paying customers and would happily give someone else my business. Im just saying, you shouldnt refer to this as the anti-iphone since it wont tap into the same market at all.

That's what I mean when I say it's the anti-iphone - it is the complete opposite of the iphone as the E71 is designed for work and not a media device. I've tried using my mates iphone for typing but have never liked touchscreen keyboards and until a tactile touchscreen comes out never will.

Right now this is THE mobile for people who need a phone for work. For business use I think the E71 beats both the iphone and Blackberrys

Ahh ok, normally I thought if something was labelled "anti" it is a product the developers are hoping will compete with the said anti product. Ya I'm still waiting for the day when the iphone becomes more business user friendly. I would like it to easily manipulate word and excel docs, onenote too would be awesome. And I would pay money just to be able to use my old financial program I loved on my pda (or have a new one that is similar). Hopefully someone will make an app for all that or apple will update a firmware for it. OR hopefully someone will finally release a phone that does everything!

Dont really need Blackberry connect anymore. Although having said that would be a nice feature if it was released for the E71

Mail for Exchange from Nokia works just as well or Nokia's pushemail still in Beta but works brilliantly. email.nokia.com or even mail2web.com offers the same service.

Edited by dekka007

Awesome awesome phone

Here's a review:

That's what I mean when I say it's the anti-iphone - it is the complete opposite of the iphone as the E71 is designed for work and not a media device. I've tried using my mates iphone for typing but have never liked touchscreen keyboards and until a tactile touchscreen comes out never will.

Right now this is THE mobile for people who need a phone for work. For business use I think the E71 beats both the iphone and Blackberrys

What do you guys think of the Samsung Omnia i900 as a business friendly phone with Iphone capabilities

There's plenty of reviews avail if you google up Omnia so I wont bother posting a link

The touch screen has haptic feedback which gives a slight vibration when you type etc.

It runs windows mobile and office so will cover business applications and can sync to ones PC.

The screen is 3.2" compared to Iphone 3.5" so little difference there but the Omnia is smaller and lighter.

16GB memory, 5 MP camera, GPS, 3G, etc....

Price is ~SGD1000/USD750 so that might be a deal breaker for some but otherwise it seems hard to beat ?

I've got it a few days back at MBK, totally love it. Except I've always had problems with Nokia build quality, I have some chrome peeling off at the bottom of it already, and I use the supplied pouch all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got it a few days back at MBK, totally love it. Except I've always had problems with Nokia build quality, I have some chrome peeling off at the bottom of it already, and I use the supplied pouch all the time.

Hi Paveet,

I'm after getting the Omnia too, is it officially released here now or was that an 'unlocked' version ? And how much are they selling for ?

Thanks,

Burgernev

Hi Paveet,

I'm after getting the Omnia too, is it officially released here now or was that an 'unlocked' version ? And how much are they selling for ?

Thanks,

Burgernev

Heres an example of cost from a Singapore etailer that ship o/s

NOW: $1,000.00 (Cash)

ELECTRONIC PAYMENT PRICES

NETS: $1,015.00 (Retail only)

Credit Card: $1,040.00 (Paypal only)

http://www.whymobile.com/productinfo.php?i...0&brand=SAM

todays exchange rate: SGD1000 = USD728

Edited by bill1960

• 3 weeks later...

Can I transfer contact data from the SD card in my O2 to the Nokia E71? I was on the verge of getting an HTC Touch, which would make transferring the data easy since it uses Windows Mobile. I see the E71 is about the same price as the HTC Touch. but I'd like to try a pda phone with a hard keyboard rather than virtual. I don't really care whether it's Symbian or Windows Mobile-powered, but I would like to be able to transfer the data from my 02. I always presumed it wouldn't be possible since Windows Mobile contact software is probably worlds apart from Symbian contact software. But I'd love to hear I'm wrong.