What Is The Biggest Misconception The Thai Have About You, Or Farangs?

teacup

SO…..

What is the biggest misconception……

or

What are some of the misconceptions the thais have about you, or farangs in general?

Anything we “the thais” haven’t heard it before?

I’m pretty sure there are many thai readers or members here who are thai browsing thru this forum.

I, for one, would like to know more.

Anything that you want to let it out your chest or care to clarify,….. just shove it here.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest misconception is that Farangs are all rich.

Many are on the bones of their azz and totally unsuitable for a partner for a decent Thai woman, or any other women.

Maybe these guys scrape by teaching English, when in their own countries they probably hauled bricks or stacked supermarket shelves.

Many are on the bones of their azz and totally unsuitable for a partner for a decent Thai woman, or any other women.

Maybe these guys scrape by teaching English, when in their own countries they probably hauled bricks or stacked supermarket shelves.

Somebody has to do the menial work, Maigo, even in our "advanced" culture.

They're ordinary people, some are nice to know too.

The average farang brickie earns a wage that a Thai can only dream of - hence their misconception that we're all filthy rich.

I think a bigger misconception is not just rich but the fact they think all westerns are easy to part with there money. But whatever gave them that idea in the 1st plaice is beyond me. :o

But in Bangkok, going form the teens to my age group here they think westerns are all butterfly and just looking for an easy girl, unless ofcus there the type of person who are on the hunt for a westerner.

But whatever gave them that idea in the 1st plaice is beyond me. :o [/size][/font]

I think this quote is a bit fishy, don't you think?

Moss

'pon my sole, I believe you're right, Moss. :D

It is simply a sarcastic quote derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But whatever gave them that idea in the 1st plaice is beyond me. :o [/size][/font]

I think this quote is a bit fishy, don't you think?

Moss

'pon my sole, I believe you're right, Moss. :D

Sorry RJT, just having a little fun.

It is simply a sarcastic quote derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry RJT, just having a little fun.

Excuse double post.

Edited by qwertz

Misconceptions many ... Money is number one.. but remember ... we who sit here on our laptops late at night talking about absolutely nothing, on a board that will ultimately dump this thread, have time to spare... why do we have time to spare. Because even if we are not rich.. we are for the most part better off than most of the Thai people that surrounds us. I think if you were destined to go out and work in the field tomorrow morning you would not be online here. Educated Thai people that I have met don't place me in box and presuppose that I am one way or another. Some one of limited means looks at my lifestyle as hedonistic, self absorbed, but most of all different than theirs.

SO…..

What is the biggest misconception……

or

What are some of the misconceptions the thais have about you, or farangs in general?

Anything we “the thais” haven’t heard it before?

I’m pretty sure there are many thai readers or members here who are thai browsing thru this forum.

I, for one, would like to know more.

Anything that you want to let it out your chest or care to clarify,….. just shove it here.

That young people and/or young looking people and/or people who dress very casually/scruffily (shorts, tee shirt) and/or people who dont care about "surface wealth" and pretending to look the part...can't possibly be very, very wealthy and successful and highly educated etc....

Somebody has to do the menial work, Maigo, even in our "advanced" culture.

They're ordinary people, some are nice to know too.

The average farang brickie earns a wage that a Thai can only dream of - hence their misconception that we're all filthy rich.

They (Thais) also don't pay GBP 600 pm inrent - chai mai ?

All farangs are fat, hairy, smelly, old farts. Not that bright, very gullable, think they know everything, think that they are better then Thai's.

A Thai in Phuket told me that they regard the Aussies in particular as overweight, loud and rather dim.

Can't imagine why.

The biggest misconception is lumping all farangs together under the term farang. I have as much in common with a Russian and Yank as I do with a Thai.

I must say that your English is very good - for an Albanian.

Please don't smear cheap toilet paper on our heads without our permission. Thanks.

Especially if it's pre-owned. (Hey, if the term is acceptable for car dealers, then it's ok here.)

Aside from the assumption about laying golden eggs, I had one girl assume that if one is caring an empty biological tissue sample box you are out to scavenge someone's corpse or harvest organs because you are a zombie. Have a few other examples, but this is a PG rated site.

-We can't eat spicy food

-We think Thai women are the most beautiful

-We are hot tempered

-We cause every accident we are involved in

-We can't pick out an item from the store shelf and need three people to randomly pick items and hold them in front of our face.

-We are ready to order food the minute we have a menu in our hands

teacup, thanks for the great question.

As others have said, lumping all Caucasians together is a common misconception. Also, assuming we are all rich, or well educated.

I do not know what Thai women think about organ size, but I think they hope or believe that a mature gentleman farang might take better care of them than their old Thai boyfriends did - including taking care of the woman's sexual needs.. They may be wrong about that, of course.

Misconceptions are often caused by bad information, or too little information.

Some Thais' understanding of farang are fairly accurate, if based on reasonable observation and logical conclusions.

PeachB

Your welcome, as I try to follow your plea of……

Let’s have more quality….rather than quantity thread.

See thais can be a team player too, if given the chance

:o

Edited by teacup

-We can't pick out an item from the store shelf and need three people to randomly pick items and hold them in front of our face.

-We are ready to order food the minute we have a menu in our hands

:o Too true!

That farangs are more intelligent than Thais - a misconception frequently shared by both, it appears.

Without stoking anybodys ego.. Just go look at IQ testing.. 16% of Thai children up north qualify as technically retarded by western measures.

http://www.thailandlife.com/thaiyouth_64.html

IQ scores in the high 80's and low 90's are the norm. Those are the facts.