Visiting On A Tourist Visa

Hello all,

My name is Bob and I am 25 and from The Netherlands.

I have read a lot of posts here on the forum, but to be sure I have the following question:

I am planning to go to Thailand for allmost 6 months (175 days) with the purpose of training muay thai (thaiboxing). I don't know exactly at what gym I will go training (so I don't have any papers/proof from a gym/person in Thailand that I will come to train). In my passport I have one old tourist visa from half a year ago and a stamp from a visit to Thailand from 1 and a half year ago.

Are the following things true (or does someone has a better solution)??

1 The best thing to do is: to apply for a tripple entry tourist visa in The Netherlands (for the simple reason that I can't get a non-immigrant visa because I don't have any proof from a gym/trainer/person in Thailand that I will come to Thailand to study/train muay thai)

2 When I have a triple entry tourist visa I have to do 2 visaruns, to be sure to be allowed back in to Thailand I will bring for about 400 Euro = (20,000 baht) in traveller cheques with me.

3 It is not a problem when I arrive in Thailand and can't fill in an adress on the arrival card (I will take a cab into Bangkok and go to some hotels to see if they have a room for me)

I hope that someone can confirm all this or has some better solutions or has some remarks

Thanks, Bob

Sounds like it should work ok. I used to just put "hotel" on arrival card but that was decades ago but should still be ok; even if they ask which one and you have to explain you don't know yet, as long as you have the required cash/TC with you.

A stay of 175 days will only require a double entry tourist visa......with only 1 border visa run. You/ll recieve 60 days upon arrival which can be extended at local immigration by 30 days for 1900baht after which it is a run to the border and back in for another 60 days stay (using the 2nd entry on your tourist visa) and then extend a final time 30 days for 1900baht ..........giving you a total possible stay of 180 days.

A  stay  of  175  days  will  only  require  a  double  entry tourist  visa......with  only  1  border  visa  run. You/ll  recieve  60  days  upon  arrival  which  can  be  extended  at  local  immigration  by  30  days  for  1900baht  after  which  it  is  a  run  to  the  border  and  back  in  for  another  60  days  stay  (using  the  2nd  entry  on  your  tourist  visa)  and  then  extend  a  final  time  30  days  for  1900baht ..........giving  you  a  total  possible  stay  of  180  days.

I also tought of this but I read some things on this forum from people only getting 7 days instead of the 30 days, so I think the safest way to do it is to get a triple entry tourist visa and do 2 visaruns.

And thanks guys for youre reactions :o