Residence Permit In The Case Of Special Investment(purchase Of A Condiminium)

Can anybody explain what this means as included on the Siam legal web site http://www.siam-legal.com/Foreign-Citizens...-residence2.php Forgive me but is this possible or not? And if so are the requirements below all that is required

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT IN THE CASE OF SPECIAL INVESTMENT (PURCHASE OF A CONDOMINIUM)

1. Application form (TM. 9).
  2. Personal information sheet.
  3. Health certificate from a hospital (issued within the previous 3 months).
  4. Certification that the applicant has no criminal record in his or her overseas domicile. This must be certified officially, e.g., by the applicant's embassy in Bangkok.
  5. Money transfer certificate issued by any bank in Thailand for no less than 10 million baht.
  6. Evidence of the purchase of a condominium from the owner of a condominium project.
  7. Copy of passport.

Thank you in advance

IW

Thanks for the replies. Im more confused than ever now, why is everything so complicated over here ha! My plan was to buy a condo and live over here. Yes I have considered renting but that is just giving your money away with no return at the end of it, that's my way of thinking!

I

I work for a multi national oil company, for the past two years here in Thailand. However once the projects have finished here we will move on to the next project probably in another country? I tend to work rotations it's different in each job however usualy around 8 weeks on 2 weeks off, or even 4 weeks on 4 weeks off. I would like to return to Thailand during my off times. Would I be able to do this based on my rotations. And would I be able to get a one year non imm visa based on this.

Thanks again

IW

Some Consulate outside of the area might issue you such a visa but most would not. But if you have a passport that allows 30 day visa exempt entry that could be used with your schedule and not cost anything.

Can anybody explain what this means as included on the Siam legal web site http://www.siam-legal.com/Foreign-Citizens...-residence2.php Forgive me but is this possible or not? And if so are the requirements below all that is required

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT IN THE CASE OF SPECIAL INVESTMENT (PURCHASE OF A CONDOMINIUM)

4. Certification that the applicant has no criminal record in his or her overseas domicile. This must be certified officially, e.g., by the applicant's embassy in Bangkok.
  5. Money transfer certificate issued by any bank in Thailand for no less than 10 million baht.
  6. Evidence of the purchase of a condominium from the owner of a condominium project.
  7. Copy of passport.

Thank you in advance

IW

Rent do not buy much easier to move if you have too.

7. Copy of passport.

Thank you in advance

IW

depending on nationality consider malaysia/Penang, any flight in is normally 3 months.

Less loopholes but if you donot need those do it honestly. Here in Thailand many russian developments....