Is My Job Enough To Get Wp?

I have tried teaching in a school and to be honest it isn't for me. But then I started tutoring one on one at students homes. I have built up alot of students through word of mouth and now my income from private tuition alone is nearing 50,000THB. Before anyone starts saying "your illegal your illegal", I am fully aware anyone working in the kingdom of Thailand needs a work permit, hence me asking if anyone thinks I could possibly go through a company like SUNBELT and actually open a small business and get a work permit granted. I tutor every evening and all weekends. I don't make this public knowledge to anyone near where I live because at the end of the day in my eyes what i'm doing is fine but of course laws are laws and it only takes the wrong or maybe jealous person to make a phone call and I could be in trouble very quickly. I tutor mostly Korean students English and i'd love to gain a work permit from it by starting my own small business. Not the usual route of a school wp application. I mean just through Sun Belt like a new company. What do you think? Of course if I became legal and had a proper company I could then market the company and get even more clientele.

Any tips or advice would be most welcome.

Thankyou.

In the interim, please be informed of the new changes

The new Act imposes a heavy fine ranging from 2,000 to 100,000 baht upon a violating [alien] employee, significantly increased from 5,000 baht, and/or a five-year term of imprisonment, increased from three years.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Understandin...aw-t200764.html

Understanding The New Work Permit Law, Fees increased, Punishments increased

In the interim, please be informed of the new changes
The new Act imposes a heavy fine ranging from 2,000 to 100,000 baht upon a violating [alien] employee, significantly increased from 5,000 baht, and/or a five-year term of imprisonment, increased from three years.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Understandin...aw-t200764.html

Understanding The New Work Permit Law, Fees increased, Punishments increased

Fully aware of that too , hence me trying to do the right thing. Need help with my question really not the law as I stated clearly I am aware of the law here.

I have a friend here who does much the same, and she has never figured out how to do it legally. Sunbelt might know a loophole. I once enquired (on behalf of my friend, actually). Eventually the good folks at Sunbelt started talking about a company or a corporation owned 51% by her (nonexistent) Thai boyfriend, employing 4 Thais, or having to make visa runs every 90 days, legal fees, etc.

Maybe we just did not learn the secret. Coupled with the recent increases in work permit fees, I suspect you are talking about a fair-sized chunk of your gross income going out in fees. Then you will need to pay Thai income tax.....

May I suggest or should I say encourage you to seek out Sun belt or whoever can assist you to get a legal Work Permit, grant you Bt50,000 is a decent income for weekends and evening however with the HEAVY fines impose by the new law, Bt 50,000 would be peanuts if you are caught without a work permit. I am guessing you have family here, and wish to remain as long as possible; so if nothing else my friend get things legal for their sake. :o:D:D

Edited by BigSnake

This is slightly off topic but in light of what I think are draconian working laws for foreigners I think when my education visa runs out I'll probably pack up and leave Thailand as my place of residence. It's so stupid because I am sure I spend equal to 50 of your average Thai's a year. I only bring in money and never take any out yet I have to do this tightrope walk to do business in Thailand that has nothing to do with Thailand i.e. Telecommuting for US Companies. I'm not some outlaw bandit or a billionaire tycoon trying to corner the Baht yet I'm made to feel like a criminal for not wanting to have to spend hundreds of thousands of Baht to run a simple one man operation. I like Som Tam, Sawatdee Krap and all but I'm looking for greener pastures at the moment.

I have to admit I have not found them yet but my eyes are wide open.