Ubc To Offer Adsl .....?

walking wallet

Hi to all, Just seen this article in the Bangkok Post to day.......

The True Corp formerly known as TelecomAsia and UBC , which is not a pay tv monopoly ,agreed you need broadband service on your computers and your TV sets , the plan is for an interactive UBC service, using ADSL technology...... .

could this possibily mean I can watch Tv and then surf the net all through my UBC set up...? Or am I barking up the wrong satellite dish..... ?

True want to offer tv/movies on demand via ADSL. They want to do it via UBC's cable (True owns quite a lot of UBC). The rumour is a soft launch in three months but about a year before the service is commercially available.

And you will probably need to upgrade your set top box. Did you get that letter from UBC recently offering you the opportunity to upgrade your box to a digital one so that you could see a couple more really lame sports channels ? That was a load of <deleted>. They want you to buy a digital box so that further down the track you can buy all sorts of wonderful digital services. Like movies on demand.

Don't buy the box, good chance they'll be giving them away at some point in future or offering 'free upgrades' when they get desperate about building their subscriber base (unless you have a pressing need to watch additional really lame sports channels).

Same as SKY box office then...  :o

totster  :D

If only UBC were that good :D

How I miss being able to select loads of programmes one week in advance so that they would appear automatically on my screen,

being able to select a weekly series - just once - to do the same, every single week

being able to scan all the nights programmes in advance

and all the other stuff, for not much more than this total crap UBC TV. (=Un Believably Crap TV).