Hairdressers Again

tamsin

ok I did the West One thing - doesn't do what you want and charges way too much, and I've now fallen out of the Tik and Toe thing - price reasonable - but still doesn't do what you want AT ALL Any new ones on the block? hopefully a bit more er, modern and good cutters natch. Thanks.

ok I did the West One thing - doesn't do what you want and charges way too much, and I've now fallen out of the Tik and Toe thing - price reasonable - but still doesn't do what you want AT ALL Any new ones on the block? hopefully a bit more er, modern and good cutters natch. Thanks.

Sorry, I am not a woman, but the lady who cuts my hair, Kit at Kit Salon Rawai, tends to have tons of women in her salon.

Had my haircut yesterday there actually, and two Australian ladys were geting some sort of doos at the same time.

Kit Beauty Salon, across the street from Don's mall, Sai Yuan.

Tamsin, I've been to 11 different "stylists" in 6 years here and have been charged anywhere from 250 Baht to 6000 Baht for basically the same thing. And, yes, I was crazy, insane, lost my head, when I was sucked into paying such a ridiculous amount.

My best luck has been with Noi at Cut 'n Curl at Central Festival. Everytime I bring her in a picture (the same one) of what I want..... she gets pretty near to it. I can also leave the salon without rushing home to wash it out and style it how I want...i.e. I am not embarrassed to be seen in public.

thanks to both for the replies. Kits sounds convenient, but I think I'll give the equally hairdresser-weary McCuch's recommendation a go first and report back for all those who are suffering equally. thanks again

Tamsin, I've been to 11 different "stylists" in 6 years here and have been charged anywhere from 250 Baht to 6000 Baht

Raya in Rawai (Khun Ya) only charges 150 Baht for wash, cut and styling and looks as good as any cut I've had in UK or Singapore, and pleasant people working there too.

Tamsin, I've been to 11 different "stylists" in 6 years here and have been charged anywhere from 250 Baht to 6000 Baht

Raya in Rawai (Khun Ya) only charges 150 Baht for wash, cut and styling and looks as good as any cut I've had in UK or Singapore, and pleasant people working there too.

whereabouts in Rawai please? would save me the dreaded schlep up to Central. Thanks

whereabouts in Rawai please? would save me the dreaded schlep up to Central. Thanks

At the bottom of this page is a map:

http://phuketindex.com/baansaiyuan/

at the botom of the map you'll see Don's Cafe. Kit's Salon is just across the street.

At the bottom of this page is a map:

http://phuketindex.com/baansaiyuan/

at the botom of the map you'll see Don's Cafe. Kit's Salon is just across the street.

no, not Kit's, I know where Sai Yuan is, I live there. I was asking about the Raya salon - Rawai's a big place ...

Just got your PM which I've replied to... but for anyone else who wants to know, it's down Sai Yuan, heading in the direction of Nai Harn/Kata, on right hand side past L'Orfeo and opposite eWiz.