Moto Gp 2008 Rossi Or Stoner?

hey guys didnt find a forum for moto gp, so here we go..... first topic i makin so if it lack info let me know!

Its been a intresting year,stoner trying to hold on to his title after a bad start,coming back even stronger.Rossi as usual is ridding very consistently. Dani Pedrosa trying to get that title under his belt which i had my money on....and a great start in 2008 from rookie jorge Lorenzo who definentily is a future star too bad for his injuries...has so much potential!! and i think its the end for NICKY HAYDEN...

as the points stand after LAguna Seca,, btw great battle between rossi and stoner!!

1. Valentino Rossi - YAM - 212

2. Casey Stoner - DUC - 187

3. Dani Pedrosa - HON - 171

4. Jorge Lorenzo - YAM - 114

5. Andrea Dovizioso - JiR - 103

next race will be 17.08.08 at Czech Republic gp

And i`ll have my money on pedrosa!!!

Please post and tell me your opinion cheers guys!

Andy

post-65294-1217317083_thumb.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoner did have a bad start to the year but once he got that bike back in shape hes been very consistent and strong, with the champion ship last year his looking very confident! i hope rossi can pull another (after 2 years) but i wont give up hope for pedrosa that kid deserves one!

has pedrosa now got the pneumatic-valve engine???? he`ll be flying when thats installed!.

Andy

Aha, so nice to see others intereted in MOTO GP, ive tried on the bikes in Thai forum but no real response, ive even stated false fact and nobody quieeried my posts!!

Laguna Seca, what a race!! Valle is one brilliant rider, he knew what he had to do and done it, win or loose Rossi always has a smile, had Pedrossa been there and got away at the front he would have won, but last time out he crashed 3 laps from the end when leading with a big gap,

Mr Lolloipop [Jorge lorenzo] is trying to hard to quick!!!

My money is on Rossi this year [as usual]

Hope we an keep this disccusion post running too,

Cheers Lickey..

Its Rossi for me . I think Vale's vast experience will be enough to see off Stoner . The Yamaha is a much better machine this year - so far anyway :o . As a brit I was hoping for better things from Toseland - maybe next year ? I agree with others that Laguna was a cracking race , I've watched it quite a few times now and it's still excitng . I'm surprised no one mentioned Davizioso , who has been doing well considering the bike he's on .

Stoners doing it on a bike that no one else can ride fast! sure it probably been built for his style but still.

He's a whole race win in points behind, not easy to make up luckily (maybe) Rossi will not just ride around for 2nd or 3rd place in the last races to secure the champs and so make a mistake a chance.

Barring that or a mechanical can't see Rossi letting it slip again.

Nicky Hayden is out of the Czech round due to an ankle injury at some X Games in LA USA,

He has raced the new air valve engine but to no good effect, it seems his place in the Honda team next year is in question.

Rgds Lickey..

i wish they had motorsports for olympics!

Hi

Must admit I follow 4 wheeled motorsports rather than 2 wheels, but did happen to see the race at Laguna Seca recently and must say that the corkscrew complex must be one of the most exciting corner combinations on any circuit the world. Watching the guys go through there I was convinced they all had a death wish.

However my 4 pennoth, having only watched that race I feel Rossi has the edge.

TBWG :o

Nicky Hayden is out of the Czech round due to an ankle injury at some X Games in LA USA,

He has raced the new air valve engine but to no good effect, it seems his place in the Honda team next year is in question.

Rgds Lickey..

wow.....poor nicky hes gone from great too really really bad.....since his championship 06......

hmm........maybe he`ll do better in superbikes!! thanks for the update lickey

andy

post-65294-1218670496_thumb.jpg

hey guys just so this on motogp.com

pretty intresting....

In a meeting on Saturday at the Brno circuit the 17 MotoGP riders present made suggestions on how to improve safety on cornering in the premier class

Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta and Riders´ Safety Representative Franco Uncini listened to a number of suggestions from the riders in the premier class in a meeting on Saturday evening at the Cardion ab Grand Prix Ceske republiky on how to improve safety as the 800cc era unfolds.

Following the Riders' Safety Commission meeting on Friday, regular members including experienced Italians Loris Capirossi and Valentino Rossi invited the entire MotoGP field (the absent Nicky Hayden was unable to attend) to put forward their suggestions on how to increase safety, in particular on corners, before they collectively presented their ideas to Mr. Ezpeleta and Uncini.

Having received the proposals the next step will be for Mr. Ezpeleta to discuss the way forward at the next meeting of the Grand Prix Commission, which in addition to Dorna comprises the FIM, MSMA and IRTA.

Mr Ezpeleta explained, `We have realised that speed on corners is increasing dramatically and we have worked hard to increase safety at circuits. This was discussed in the Riders' Safety Commission meeting yesterday with some of the riders but due to the importance of the matter we decided to talk with all the riders.´

`Therefore, the riders came to the meeting today, I introduced the problem, they discussed it together and they have come up with some ideas to be presented to the Grand Prix Commission to resolve the problem

Well, drops it when leading by 1.2 secs, it was just a matter of time when Rossi would pass Stoner i would think, we all know how strong rossi is in the latter stages,,

It was very good to see the 2 Kwackers in 3/4 for a while, perhaps they are using the new screamer engines now? or somebody high-up at kawasaki has had a word with Ant West.

Congrads to Elias and Capirossi too,

Its great to talk with the worlds top riders about circuit saftey, and its been a long time since serious injury or death occured, that unfortunatley happens when a high-sideing bike lands on the rider.

2 weeks to Rossis home GP and its Ducati country, lets hope the whipper-snapper stays onboard and makes a race of it!!

Cheers, Lickey..

Hi all . Great result for Vale today ! Although admittedly Stoners mishap did spoil what could have been a tight race. But then I think that Casey does not like being put under pressure and with the Yam being such an improved package on last year , he's not getting away so easily . It's unusual ( and as a Rossi fan quite refreshing ) , to see one or two mistakes from the young Aussie - after the faultless performance of last season . Now with a 50 point lead it looks like its gonna be The Doc !! :o

I have been a fan of Valentino since he first appeared on the MotoGP scene. I am very happy to see him back to winning ways and feel confident that he will take the championship this year. I think it was his constant pressure on Stoner that pushed the Aussie too far this weekend. By the way, great race between the two of them at Laguna Seca four weeks ago.

UGGGGGGGG!!!!

It will been interesting if, next year, Giberenau(sp?) joins Stoner?

Stoner was pissed and said Rossi brake checked him at laguna before this race, moot point now!!!

Rossi might retire, going out on top, a perfect way really

Like Ricky Carmichael if you follow US MX

Edited by 0Mix1up

Rossi has signed a new 2 year contract with Yamaha, he obviously knows that Yamaha will do all he asks for his bike.

Melandri is moving to Kawasaki next year, bad move on Kawasakis part i rekon!

No news on Gibernau yet, although he was never a real threat to Rossi, they had their moments,but it seems likely if Melandri is going..

Really looking forward to the next one in Italy,

Cheers All, Lickey..

• 2 weeks later...

hey guy, here the results for free practice times

Kawasaki's John Hopkins did not set a lap time, choosing instead to rest his rib injury sustained last time out at Brno.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (:o 1min 35.422 secs

2. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 35.424 secs

3. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (:D 1min 36.145 secs

4. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 36.375 secs

5. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (:D 1min 36.464 secs

6. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 36.518 secs

7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 1min 36.602 secs

8. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (:D 1min 36.608 secs

9. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 36.740 secs

10. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (:D 1min 36.883 secs

11. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (:( 1min 37.099 secs

12. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 1min 37.196 secs