Kl For O Visa

What time do you need to submit all the paperwork by? Are they issuing multi entry O visas? I am married to a Thai and we have 3 kids. I work offshore O & G and keep my money in Jersey. If I show an offshore bank statement will this be OK. I went through this last time in Penang and only got a single entry visa. I only need the visa for 10 days as I will be going back to work then, if they give me a single entry, can I get the re-entry stamp at any Immigration office? Is there one at the airport? This is turning into a right pain in the @rse!

Thanks

What time do you need to submit all the paperwork by? Are they issuing multi entry O visas? I am married to a Thai and we have 3 kids. I work offshore O & G and keep my money in Jersey. If I show an offshore bank statement will this be OK. I went through this last time in Penang and only got a single entry visa. I only need the visa for 10 days as I will be going back to work then, if they give me a single entry, can I get the re-entry stamp at any Immigration office? Is there one at the airport? This is turning into a right pain in the @rse!

Thanks

From what I have read on this forum (check the pinned thread at the top for the latest) they are still issueing one year multiple entry non O visas in KL; if you have the right paperwork.

The KL Thai Embassy is open Monday to Friday, with the exception of Thai or Malaysian bank holidays.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 09.00-13.00 hrs. and 14.00-17.00 hrs.

Visa and Consular section : 09.30 - 13.00 hrs.

You must apply for your visa in the morning between 0930 -1130.

If you are on a single entry then yes, you can get a re-entry permit from immigration or the airport. It's probably less risky to apply at immigration before your departure date.

You can then pick up your passport from gate security, the next working day, between 1130-1230

Thanks

From what I have read on this forum (check the pinned thread at the top for the latest) they are still issueing one year multiple entry non O visas in KL; if you have the right paperwork.

The KL Thai Embassy is open Monday to Friday, with the exception of Thai or Malaysian bank holidays.

If you are on a single entry then yes, you can get a re-entry permit from immigration or the airport. It's probably less risky to apply at immigration before your departure date.

You can then pick up your passport from gate security, the next working day, between 1130-1230

Thanks for that thats very helpful

What is the current (minimum plus optional) required paperwork for a Multi-Entry-Non-O (marriage) Visa from KL?

(2 years ago I received one showing my passport, copy of international marriage certificate, signed copy of wife ID)

Sometimes asked for in Kuala Lumpur in addition to the marriage certificate and copy of wife’s ID, signed be her:

– letter from your wife, can be in Thai, asking the consulate to grant you a multiple entry non-immigrant visa so that you may visit her as often as possible

– copy of wife’s house registration, signed by her

--

Maestro

Sometimes asked for in Kuala Lumpur in addition to the marriage certificate and copy of wife’s ID, signed be her:

– letter from your wife, can be in Thai, asking the consulate to grant you a multiple entry non-immigrant visa so that you may visit her as often as possible

– copy of wife’s house registration, signed by her

--

Maestro

Ok thanks, what about a bank book from a thai or foreign bank, showing some funds? (I remember reading about it before here in the forum)

It is definitely useful to have some proof of funds. The official requirement is 20,000 Baht, some consulates in the region wanted to see 400k for a while but I have seen no post to that effect recently.

--

Maestro