Real Cupcakes With Thick, Creamy Iceing At Bake And Bite

Ulysses G.

I've missed real, home made American cupcakes with with thick, creamy icing for years. They are impossible to get in Thailand.

I did find some at a big expat Christmas bakesale in Hanoi many years ago and I savored every bite.

Bake and Bite now has them in the main branch every day, but they seem to sell out immediately in the smaller branches unless you order them to be kept for you instead of being displayed.

Also, don't forget the hot, buttermilk biscuits with butter and honey or strawberry jam. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I've missed real, home made American cupcakes with with thick, creamy icing for years. They are impossible to get in Thailand.

I did find some at a big expat Christmas bakesale in Hanoi many years ago and I savored every bite.

Bake and Bite now has them in the main branch every day, but they seem to sell out immediately in the smaller branches unless you order them to be kept for you instead of being displayed.

Also, don't forget the hot, buttermilk biscuits with butter and honey or strawberry jam. :o

??????????

I thought you were a virgin....coconut oil guy?!

Hostess cupcakes are not real cupcakes! The horror!

UG, I promise, if you ever come to visit me on Koh Phangan I will make rich, moist chocolate cupcakes with real icing just for you. :o

There is a reason my husband gained weight after we got married. I have an oven and I love to bake :D

Also, don't forget the hot, buttermilk biscuits with butter and honey or strawberry jam. :D

??????????

I'll be looking forward to it sbk!

What I REALLY want someone to start in Chiang Mai is a health food bakery like the ones in San Francisco where you would have all kinds of whole grain snacks with olive oil or virgin coconut oil as the fat and something like maple syrup, honey or sweet brown rice syrup as the sweetener. They had cookies, cakes, candies, breads and almost anything you could think of, but in a much healthier version than in regular stores.

Chiang Mai has nothing like this at all and the Thais are becoming much more interested in health food, so it seems like ot could be a very succesful business. I keep thinking of starting one myself, but I have this big problem with being over-attracted to food! :o

Once, when we were staying next to one of the least friendly neighborhoods of the Zapatista conflict zone, I found a store in a paramilitary stronghold that sold both Delaware Punch soda pop (!) and Pinquinos, a Mexican version of Hostess cupcakes. They soon refused to serve us, but it was fine while it lasted.

Also, don't forget the hot, buttermilk biscuits with butter and honey or strawberry jam. :D

How's your weight loss doing ? :o

If you had been wearing your black Che t-shirt and a beret- you would have been fine, Comandante Rubio..... :o
Black was the favorite color of Zapatista rebels. One of them, a 14 year old kid, was minding the butcher shop when I rolled up as a passenger in a chicken truck and yelled a friendly greeting to him. The chicken salesmen could not figure out which side I was on, since they picked me up in front of the massacre site. I should have asked the boy to sell me some cupcakes.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread. I will look for cupcakes at the main Bake and Bite.

How's your weight loss doing ? :o

About like yours when I first met you! :D

??????????

I'll be looking forward to it sbk!

What I REALLY want someone to start in Chiang Mai is a health food bakery like the ones in San Francisco where you would have all kinds of whole grain snacks with olive oil or virgin coconut oil as the fat and something like maple syrup, honey or sweet brown rice syrup as the sweetener. They had cookies, cakes, candies, breads and almost anything you could think of, but in a much healthier version than in regular stores.

Chiang Mai has nothing like this at all and the Thais are becoming much more interested in health food, so it seems like ot could be a very succesful business. I keep thinking of starting one myself, but I have this big problem with being over-attracted to food! :o

I've met a few Thais who try to experiment with baking healthy. Both were host families, one was the nutrition Ajarn at CMU and the other owns aden. Aura and Tom bought a juicer and were planning on using the pulp to make muffins and such, but I don't think they followed through on it.

• 11 months later...