Hope I Like Pattaya

sucher

hi there.arrive this week in pattaya to look for a studio condo foreign freehold for not more than 1,2 mill baht but hope for less.any for sale by owner guys out there that would like to meet thanks

Many offers....it would be good and check the websites of real estate agents before to make a pre selection. Then go to the projects which interest you and look for a direct contact.

But beware many potholes.....which can be quite costly!

Moo9

hi there.arrive this week in pattaya to look for a studio condo foreign freehold for not more than 1,2 mill baht but hope for less.any for sale by owner guys out there that would like to meet thanks

Many offers....it would be good and check the websites of real estate agents before to make a pre selection. Then go to the projects which interest you and look for a direct contact.

But beware many potholes.....which can be quite costly!

Moo9

exactly my idea.rent a motorbike,look for buildings that look like condos and check the lobby.still it doesnt hurt to have a few contacts upfront.a few people already contacted me.i am looking forward to this info trip. even if i find out that i dont want to relocate at least later on i will know what barthers me not knowing now.thanx for your input

RENT FIRST!

Thailand is a wonderful and diverse country there is far more to it than just Patteya……

You would be well advised to first rent and have a look around. As mentioned before, once you buy you could find it VERY hard to sell.

RENT FIRST!

Thailand is a wonderful and diverse country there is far more to it than just Patteya……

You would be well advised to first rent and have a look around. As mentioned before, once you buy you could find it VERY hard to sell.

See us where? People are trying to give you sound advise. Rent Rent Rent. Don't Buy. Kapish?

Barry

RENT FIRST!

See us where?

In one of the bars telling us about his regret.

i give him a month, then his money will be spent on that great deal of a condo

that bar owner fixed him up with. (sorry fitted him up with.) :o

Is that the bar owners condo that also comes with one of the girls from the bar pre-installed? Love those package deals!

Strange post. Assume you vacationed in Pattaya and fell in love with the pristine beaches and other attractions. Now in your euphoric state, you want to jump on a plane in live happily ever after in Pataya. Slow down – no reason to rush into things.

I wasn't aware that condos were so cheap in Pattaya. Regardless, you could rent a studio for the next 10 years and it would cost less than 1.2 mil bt. You wouldn't own it, but the chances of becoming a sucker would be minimized.

Strange post. Assume you vacationed in Pattaya and fell in love with the pristine beaches and other attractions. Now in your euphoric state, you want to jump on a plane in live happily ever after in Pataya. Slow down – no reason to rush into things.

I wasn't aware that condos were so cheap in Pattaya. Regardless, you could rent a studio for the next 10 years and it would cost less than 1.2 mil bt. You wouldn't own it, but the chances of becoming a sucker would be minimized.

Dont think he has ever been hence the title to his thread, He is either sitting in a bar talking to a down on his luck ex pat who is more than willing to help him or he was a troll :o

hi again.arrived yesterday and must say for the little i have seen so far its way better than i thought.by the way,i come from phuket where i live for the last 3 years.i was shopping for a freehold studio condo there [ in patong ] and there was nothing under 2,4 mill baht.rented a motorbike yesterday and drove around all day so i know a little bit more now.today i looked at 8 studios and tomorrow 6 to 8 more.prices between half and one and a half mil.baht.i can not see a big risk to invest in that range.i have been way more foolish on the stock market.if i decide to move here i would like my own flat.but the judgement is still out.i keep you updated.thanks for your opinions

Do not forget to check the enviroment around your condo. Is there any place where somebody can build a shophouse/condo/hotel/plaza/Tesco/entertaiment centre?

If there is a tiny green mark around, you can be sure that the next ten years it will be built.

Also be aware: at daytime there is condo reparation. At night time you can expect all kind of noise,such as the neighbour calls EU at midnight or a deaf who watches the TV without earphones. Not to mention neighbours who cook on the balcony or smoking cigars there.The worst is a drunken neighbour with a company of a bargirl.

Good luck!

Dont think he has ever been hence the title to his thread, He is either sitting in a bar talking to a down on his luck ex pat who is more than willing to help him or he was a troll :o

Hi sucher, how about a bungalow on 44 wah2 (176 m2)of land? in mho it is far better than a condo where you won't have much space for the price you want to invest. Here is the house. I am the owner (Swiss), we can talk about the price.

Edited by Dario

What advice for an Aussie Couple retiring to Pattaya . We are all for buying a decent sized house , probably in East Pattaya , should we rent first.??

We have been visiting Pattaya for over 20 years & are fairly aware of most things there.

:o

We are all for buying a decent sized house , probably in East Pattaya , should we rent first.??

We have been visiting Pattaya for over 20 years & are fairly aware of most things there.

Yes, renting first is a very good idea. East Pattaya is a "New Territory" and if you want to buy house there I would recommend to rent first to see if you like the area.

Then to live there all the time is not the same as being there for - lets say - 3-4 weeks or two month per year.

hello again.made up my mind now and will be moving to pattaya shortly.i am one of these guys that has to own something in order to feel ''home '' here.back on phuket island i heard nothing good about pattaya.man, will i tell them.found so far 4 studios for around 800 000 baht that i like plus new interior so i am well within my budget.impossible in patong.

hello again.made up my mind now and will be moving to pattaya shortly.i am one of these guys that has to own something in order to feel ''home '' here.back on phuket island i heard nothing good about pattaya.man, will i tell them.found so far 4 studios for around 800 000 baht that i like plus new interior so i am well within my budget.impossible in patong.

So what part of Pattaya are you thinking of moving to?