Hope I Like Pattaya

sucher

not sure yet.still here for a few days to make up my mind.right now it looks like central pattaya.every area has something going for it.if money would not matter i think i would buy a studio in jomtien with a great seaview.a great seaview not just a seaview.i dont really like going to the beach to swim here in pattaya but still like to look at it.its still pretty i think.

hi again.arrived yesterday and must say for the little i have seen so far its way better than i thought.by the way,i come from phuket where i live for the last 3 years.i was shopping for a freehold studio condo there [ in patong ] and there was nothing under 2,4 mill baht.rented a motorbike yesterday and drove around all day so i know a little bit more now.today i looked at 8 studios and tomorrow 6 to 8 more.prices between half and one and a half mil.baht.i can not see a big risk to invest in that range.i have been way more foolish on the stock market.if i decide to move here i would like my own flat.but the judgement is still out.i keep you updated.thanks for your opinions

Beware of the Nirun Condominuims. They have a very good price. But the area around the condos is a dump. Take a look for your self.

• 2 months later...
not sure yet.still here for a few days to make up my mind.right now it looks like central pattaya.every area has something going for it.if money would not matter i think i would buy a studio in jomtien with a great seaview.a great seaview not just a seaview.i dont really like going to the beach to swim here in pattaya but still like to look at it.its still pretty i think.

I still think that you are being too hasty in buying one of only 4 units you have seen so far. You reckon you have a bargain compared to Phuket but you haven't experienced any rainfall and potential flooding issues that you will be stuck with once you buy. OK, so the salesperson says it never floods but how about the main road to/from your favourite hangouts to/from your new home? The fact that you feel you must 'own' something to feel comfortable may bite your arse in this case IMHO.

This rental option makes a lot more sense with the looming global recession.

rent and invest your cash, far better returns and you can take you returns anytime you like unlike trying to sell a condo that will never sell

Yeah, RIGHT ! I put off buying a second condo and left my cash in the stock market. I'm now down 60 percent on my investment.

those of you that say rent and invest your money......id like to know what return your gonna get on 1 million baht???. if he was looking on spending a fortune then i may advise him to rent but cmon it seems hes not spending every penny hes got on this purchase and if he originally comes from uk then there is nothing he could buy to live in for 15000 pounds or thereabouts. even if he sold it at a slight loss in a few years hes still got his use of it and if he doesnt use it he can always rent and get more back than the money in bank would give plus property generally goes up over a long period so there is the gain from that.

sucher enjoy your purchase if you get one and pm me if you havent yet as can give you more ideas of prices/places

rent and invest your cash, far better returns and you can take you returns anytime you like unlike trying to sell a condo that will never sell

Nothing like an amatuer economist to make me laugh....rael estate experience??? :D

:D property prices slumped 30% worldwide, stock market even god couldn't predict which way that will go next few months, but ohhh nooooo don't go blowing 800,000bht on condo in Thailand which you will have " to walk away from" or even better just rent and still own zip zero nada after 10 years. :o

Good for you OP sounds like you made your mind up and not listening to some of the dribble here

Edited by zorro1