Looking For A Bongo And A Coconut

cudaproject

i am part of a "group" from the northern part of england called KENDAL

me and my followers ( erm friends) also love traditional music. our instruments are however made from the famous "kendal mint cake"

we have instruments such as the "minty piccolo" and the "jews harp cake" (no rasist jibes please, its a real instrument)

we are currently touring some of the lesser known bars in samui and although our traditions are not the same, we would love to bridge the cultural gap by shoving our minty flava in to the mix.

i think we can make the early flight up in the morning if its cool with you guys.

if anyone can pick us up that would be great.

including myself our posse will be 8 strong.

you will smell us!

That truly is a breath of fresh air, just to know that there are like minded folk currently in Samui. Perhaps we could ask for sponsorship to send you and your merry band of men from Samui to Pattaya, as flights are rather expensive these days. We are performing on a weekly basis so there is Murray Mint, Murray Mint no need to hurry mint. We shall endeavour to raise some cash with a whip round this evening and on Sunday, hopefully by Monday we shall have some exciting news and you'll be here as fast as you can say Tic Tac! Once we have sufficient funds to meet your travel needs, I shall send our old friend 'Mr Soft' to collect you with his minibus from U-Tapao. :o

we played the infamous "crash bar" recently but the manager wasnt "down" with our style. in fact he abused us verbally! he said we had outstayed our welcome??

we have tried to get a foot in the door at the mint bar, just cos we loved the name! but due to the fact that the new owner/manager is a real "new school" kind of guy, hes fully booked up with a band called "dj's" or something.... i didnt quite understand his new fangled techno notice language.

oh we also played at the "havanna" a year ago on our 2007 tour.

so kind of you to offer to sponsor me and my followers for our trip to your lovely town, i hear its like a hot blackpool.

waiting in anticipation.

falangstupid.... do you have any traditionalists knocking about in phagnan?

they would be more than welcome to join my "group" maybe then we could charter a private vip coach to pattaya. rather like cliff richard in the summer holiday movie. but better.

Looking at the Thai Visa nights out I see they have arranged to meet up in the PBG between 8-9pm this evening. No doubt cudaproject, somaz and myself will also be there performing with our Ching, Khlong Yao and Somaz on his bongo, we'll be well away for sure! See you there guys!

• 1 year later...

Following a brief sabatical Cudaproject and myself have rebanded and rebranded ourselves as 'two men a drum machine and a biscuit'. Following the good ole days where we used to perform in the Pattaya Beer Garden, we were actually banned for causing such a din. Our new venue of choice is Gullivers on Beach Road, where the affable manager has no objection to our performances and in fact encourages us to entertain the many diners and drinkers each Saturday, usually before the rugby starts. We have also added additional musical instruments to our portfolio and can now offer rare classical Thai music to suit all tastes.

Come along and bring the family for an evening of fun filled entertainment.

Be there or be square! :):D:D:D