Reading Thai...

desi

I just came across a decent book on reading Thai - Reading Thai is Fun, by James Neal (now deceased).

No, I'm not having fun. But I am learning (well, when I'm not confused working my way through new concepts and yet another transliteration method).

The layout is well thought out - large fonts with limited information on each page - all wrapped up in an easy to manipulate binder (why more lesson type books don't have binders, I'll never know).

What I really like is the addition of different font types. Not sure about you, but I haven't been able to figure out some of the modern fonts in Thai. Ten are included in the book so it's a good start.

I can't find it by googling, but it can be purchased at the book store by Villa market, Soi 6, Ari. Or by contacting the company below.

Reading Thai is Fun, by James Neal

ISBN 978-974-9823-94-1

Copyright 2008

Distributed by Booknet Co., Ltd

Tel +66 2 3223678

I just came across a decent book on reading Thai - Reading Thai is Fun, by James Neal (now deceased).

No, I'm not having fun. But I am learning (well, when I'm not confused working my way through new concepts and yet another transliteration method).

The layout is well thought out - large fonts with limited information on each page - all wrapped up in an easy to manipulate binder (why more lesson type books don't have binders, I'll never know).

What I really like is the addition of different font types. Not sure about you, but I haven't been able to figure out some of the modern fonts in Thai. Ten are included in the book so it's a good start.

I can't find it by googling, but it can be purchased at the book store by Villa market, Soi 6, Ari. Or by contacting the company below.

Reading Thai is Fun, by James Neal

ISBN 978-974-9823-94-1

Copyright 2008

Distributed by Booknet Co., Ltd

Tel +66 2 3223678

I think I have seen this book. It it a spiral-bound book with lots of font colors? Seems to me to be great for new readers of Thai.

I think I have seen this book. It it a spiral-bound book with lots of font colors? Seems to me to be great for new readers of Thai.

Yes, that's the one. I've been searching for a book dedicated to reading Thai and this seems to have everything. And it certainly clears up the mystery of all those different fonts.

Oh what a great idea, that would've been helpful 6 months ago. lol

Oh what a great idea, that would've been helpful 6 months ago. lol

:o

Oh well, hopefully someone else will read this before they struggle!