One-month-old Baby Left In Car Park Of Carrefour Store

george

One-month-old baby left in car park of Carrefour store

BANGKOK: -- A one-month-old baby boy was rescue from the car park of Carrefour Ratchadapisek Friday, police said.

Police said the baby was found at 11:30 am inside a plastic bag left between rears of two vehicles.

Police checked a record of the car park's security camera and saw a teenager carrying the bag in.

The baby was sent to the Phayathai Reception Home in Nonthaburi pending searching for his mother.

-- The Nation 2008-08-01

left between rears of two vehicles.

Nothing like leaving the child in a safe place then.

Hope the child is well and the mother gets some help and guidance.

I hope the father (probably the boy on the film) gets a bloody kick for dropping a baby of there...

<br />
<br /><br />Nothing like leaving the child in a safe place then.<br /><br />Hope the child is well and the mother gets some help and guidance. <br /><br />

i hope they'll be found and severely punished by prison, this kind of behaviour is awfull, if they don't want a baby wich is normal at that age, they can at least buy condom and enjoy sex safely...

<br />
<br /><br />Nothing like leaving the child in a safe place then.<br /><br />Hope the child is well and the mother gets some help and guidance. <br /><br />

i hope they'll be found and severely punished by prison, this kind of behaviour is awfull, if they don't want a baby wich is normal at that age, they can at least buy condom and enjoy sex safely...

Is that what they do in your country?? And.. does it help?? Is prison the answer to these kind of problems ?

yep their crime is called murder attemp at second degree, using drugs is severely punished in thailand while you're mostly only killing yourself wich is your personnal matter, there it's a baby that has no way to react exept crying so why should they be forgiven?

I hope the father (probably the boy on the film) gets a bloody kick for dropping a baby of there...

The news article says "teenager" not boy, is there another article that states the teenager was male?

yep their crime is called murder attemp at second degree, using drugs is severely punished in thailand while you're mostly only killing yourself wich is your personnal matter, there it's a baby that has no way to react exept crying so why should they be forgiven?

I am not talking about forgiving, just stating that prison is not the answer to these things.

It doesnot help, not even to show others that this is not the way.

I can see by the `legal terms` you use, where you come from and that is the place where it doesnot take much to end up in one of them, so you are used to it that prison seems to be the answer to everything.

I am not.

:o

well prison gives you the time to think as you're between walls and can go out only to take fresh air one hour a day, this is the rule when you're being arrested until the judge decides something else.

of course in that case a small amount of time like a month is more than enough to make them realize what they did and send them then to reeducation or something like that...

well prison gives you the time to think as you're between walls and can go out only to take fresh air one hour a day, this is the rule when you're being arrested until the judge decides something else.

of course in that case a small amount of time like a month is more than enough to make them realize what they did and send them then to reeducation or something like that...

We partly agree. Some way of showing that what they have done is not accepted by society could be an eyeopener, to some.

But i think they already know that, and maybe couldnot find another way out, for reasons of shame , well you name it, it could be anything.

Also the non availabilty of a social ~ net~ could add to their decision. I just donot know. All we can do is guess.

Reeducation is the best way, but real education should have been there before, it maybe wouldnot have happened .

It is something that lacks in a lot of countries, even the most " modern" ones.

Sad.

By the way , you talk about being in prison untill a judge decides something else, this is not the case in a lot of other countries, meaning that the decision can be taken by others than a judge, and also that imprisonment is not an automatic thing. You can be outside waiting for your day in court, not talking parole or bail here.

I know everybody ( including me) thinks out of the box they are used too, but it ist not the case in other countries, they have different boxes.. :o

Edited by Carib

So the mother deserves help and guidence but the father deserves to be thrown in jail?

So much for equality, eh?

Whoa, whoa, whoa !

Teenage boy, subjective - I see no film (if I have missed something, i retract).

Chances of teenage boy (rather than teenage girl) depositing the unwanted sprog is remote. Responsibility = zero as far as Thai males (that I have met - good luck to the Falang ladies who have found the responsible male/s).

Like when I said to my father that my ambition was to be shot into he space, he said, "if your mother hadn't walked in , you would have been".

If that is lost on anyone, please PM me.

We partly agree. Some way of showing that what they have done is not accepted by society could be an eyeopener, to some.

But i think they already know that, and maybe couldnot find another way out, for reasons of shame , well you name it, it could be anything.

Also the non availabilty of a social ~ net~ could add to their decision. I just donot know. All we can do is guess.

Reeducation is the best way, but real education should have been there before, it maybe wouldnot have happened .

Sad.

By the way , you talk about being in prison untill a judge decides something else, this is not the case in a lot of other countries, meaning that the decision can be taken by others than a judge, and also that imprisonment is not an automatic thing. You can be outside waiting for your day in court, not talking parole or bail here.

I know everybody ( including me) thinks out of the box they are used too, but it ist not the case in other countries, they have different boxes.. :o

Are you trying to tell us there are no adoption agencies in Thailand?

http://www.neiu.edu/~rghiggin/Thaiadopt/start.html

Or adoption law?

http://www.sgalegal.com/guide/adoption.html

These teenagers had a legal, safe, and humane way of offloading their unplanned child.

Yet they chose to stick their baby in a plastic bag...in a car park... which could have easily suffocated the innocent infant and/or got her crushed by a car. At the very least, they are guilty of gross endangerment of an infant.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Intellectual laziness is not an excuse.

Shame is not an excuse.

They could have simply asked a monk what the right thing to do was. Monks are everywhere and always available in Thailand. For your proposed "reasons of shame", they could have went to a monk who doesn't know their family and asked his advice. Take a tuktuk to a wat in the next town.

No excuse. No excuse.

Treating babies like garbage is not only immoral and disgusting, but is also crime. Yes, some punishment is required - maybe not "prison" but at least some time at the Juvenile Observation and Protection Center, along with mandatory courses on contraception, and what is the right thing to do if you have an unwanted child anyway.

I repeat, I see no film.

Therefore, my conclusion is that the baby was dumped by the mother.

I would like to commend the mother for the choice of location. Those who know Pattaya will understand that there are a million places where this child would not have been found (and could be dumped risk free).

what did she do ?

She chose a high risk area (from her point of view) to deposit the child. I think she knew that the boy would have been discovered in very short time - confirming the high risk for her and low risk for him. Not particularly Thai style but quite maternal.

Was the boy Thai/Thai or Thai/falang do we know ? Sorry - far more importantly, I really hope the mother can access any physical or mental treatment she may require.

I am not talking about forgiving, just stating that prison is not the answer to these things.

It doesnot help, not even to show others that this is not the way.

I can see by the `legal terms` you use, where you come from and that is the place where it doesnot take much to end up in one of them, so you are used to it that prison seems to be the answer to everything.

I am not.

:o

I had a close friend of mine get shot and killed by her x-boy friend. She spoke to me on the phone 2 days prior to her death. All the words her mother could speak to me, is that "He killed my babby...."

So what is the answer? I can tell you from my experience, man has yet to create the kind of pain I would like to inflict on the a** whole that killed my dear friend. The fact that her killer is in prison, with a term of life without parople, the fact that he has probabbly gang raped and traded for a cigarette does bring some satisfaction.

Is prison the answer, well it is the best we have for the moment.

Sad.

Are you trying to tell us there are no adoption agencies in Thailand?

http://www.neiu.edu/~rghiggin/Thaiadopt/start.html

Or adoption law?

http://www.sgalegal.com/guide/adoption.html

These teenagers had a legal, safe, and humane way of offloading their unplanned child.

Yet they chose to stick their baby in a plastic bag...in a car park... which could have easily suffocated the innocent infant and/or got her crushed by a car. At the very least, they are guilty of gross endangerment of an infant.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Intellectual laziness is not an excuse.

Shame is not an excuse.

They could have simply asked a monk what the right thing to do was. Monks are everywhere and always available in Thailand. For your proposed "reasons of shame", they could have went to a monk who doesn't know their family and asked his advice. Take a tuktuk to a wat in the next town.

No excuse. No excuse.

Treating babies like garbage is not only immoral and disgusting, but is also crime. Yes, some punishment is required - maybe not "prison" but at least some time at the Juvenile Observation and Protection Center, along with mandatory courses on contraception, and what is the right thing to do if you have an unwanted child anyway.

Or stick him or her in a black plastic bag in the heat for a while... let them understand that they may or may not be released.... it just depends on a role of the dice.

But i think they already know that, and maybe could not find another way out, for reasons of shame , well you name it, it could be anything.

Leaving the baby at a hospital would have been a better way and not that difficult to think of.

<br />

Too many people gone off on a tandem.

As day breaks hopefully realisation will also dawn that this topic is about:-

Abandoned baby.

Teenage mother.

I cannot believe some idiot is talking about prisons, condoms and safe sex when a 1 month old kid has been dumped at Carrefour. Hello - this is the real world, not some poxy agony aunt column.

Like i siad , we can only guess, yes they could have done this and that, but the fact is that they didnot.

And i agree there are no excuses for what they did, only the ones we can make up , because that is what we are doing, we were not in their shoes.

Still i think prison is never the answer in these cases, and it has got nothing to do with people getting shot or whatever, i donot know why that had to be dragged in, but that is a whole different story.

Education is the preventive answer for most of these cases, possible reeducation for the ones who have gone to far already.

Abandoned baby.

Teenage mother.

I cannot believe some idiot is talking about prisons, condoms and safe sex when a 1 month old kid has been dumped at Carrefour. Hello - this is the real world, not some poxy agony aunt column.

Probably, because it's easier than recognizing that impoverished uneducated scared kids panic and do stupid things. This not a normal act for a mentally competent woman to abandon her child in such a manner. For all we know, the mother could have been a sex trade worker that was told to get rid of the child fast or have it done by her pimp.

Rather than consider the fact that the abandonment is the result of difficult circumstances or a mentally ill person, the condemnation band wagon offers an easier place to go. We don't even know if the child was born with a drug addiction obtained in the womb. Junkie mothers does some very messed up things.

For those of you that read the bible, then you may wish to read the story of Moses. He was set adrift in a leaky basket on the Nile River. It was a difficult decision for the mother, but yet it was done. Religious folks don't condemn Moses' mother. Perhaps there is a moral for those that are moralists.

More facts about the motive for the abandonment are needed before advocating prison and beatings. As well, if we are quick to question other articles printed because of poor fact gathering, then surely it is not out of line to question the accuracy of the report. There is a chance the child was not left in such a dangerous position. As the child was seen, then it had to have been placed in a visible manner.

Abandoned baby.

Teenage mother.

Probably, because it's easier than recognizing that impoverished uneducated scared kids panic and do stupid things. This not a normal act for a mentally competent woman to abandon her child in such a manner. For all we know, the mother could have been a sex trade worker that was told to get rid of the child fast or have it done by her pimp.

Rather than consider the fact that the abandonment is the result of difficult circumstances or a mentally ill person, the condemnation band wagon offers an easier place to go. We don't even know if the child was born with a drug addiction obtained in the womb. Junkie mothers does some very messed up things.

For those of you that read the bible, then you may wish to read the story of Moses. He was set adrift in a leaky basket on the Nile River. It was a difficult decision for the mother, but yet it was done. Religious folks don't condemn Moses' mother. Perhaps there is a moral for those that are moralists.

More facts about the motive for the abandonment are needed before advocating prison and beatings. As well, if we are quick to question other articles printed because of poor fact gathering, then surely it is not out of line to question the accuracy of the report. There is a chance the child was not left in such a dangerous position. As the child was seen, then it had to have been placed in a visible manner.

I can't believe some people actually thought this was such a great post. :o

Being uneducated or stupid is not an excuse.

Panicking is not an excuse.

Being a junkie is not an excuse.

I agree that more info needs to be known about the mother's state of mind. However, mental illness that poses a danger to others, in this case her own baby, it should be treated as just that, if it is found out to be the case. But this still would suggest some time in an institution - a mental institution.

Regarding the "For those who are bible readers" part... the comparison to Moses' time is a false comparison, as Thailand is a modern nation with modern facilities and institutions to take care of unwanted or threatened children. In addition, I highly doubt any ancient pharaoh (or pimp) was out to kill this child, as with the story of Moses. Even Thai pimps aren't that blackhearted, normally, so its not a great leap in logic, or unreasonable, to make the assumption that the child's life was not under threat (other than the mother's actions). If that were the case, why not take the baby to the police or hospital? And if she was so concerned for the baby's life, why the plastic bag?

In the last paragraph, simply because the child was found, the implication is that the end justifies the means. My thoughts differ.

Edited by ChefHeat

Terrible. On the flip slid the child may now begin a new life with the care of loving people. At least the child is away from people that would do it harm.

Sad! :o

I do not know mate, my Wife's Grand Parents found a baby that had been left in a bin. They took the baby home with them and raised it themselves.

However, the baby was never registered, never received Thai citizenship and the family spent the last 50 years treating that baby (now a mature 50yr old woman) like a dog, a non person, a maid only good for ordering around.

This poor woman has never been able to get a proper job, never able to marry and has spent her whole life scared of the police. If she was ever arrested or found out she would be classified as an illegal and sent home. But where is home? the bin?

However, lets hope that the baby does stand a better chance in life now.

Maybe I missed something in the OP but I didn't see nothing about no boy on any film :o