Hulu

Jimjim

I'm in the U.S. now and discovered a fantastic site called hulu dot com. You can watch a lot of shows (although it's inconsistent sometimes. They had all of Heroes season 2 and they just removed the whole first half of the season) and movies, too. Since the makers of the site got it ad-supported and with the backing of some networks it's the best site to watch anything on the internet with, in my opinion. It is a U.S. site, though. Has shows like the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Late Night with Jay Leno, etc. Could be a great site for some Americans to watch at least some of their favorite shows in Thailand if it's viewable.

So, somebody go check out the site and see if they can watch something, ok? Thanks.

Edit: I say it's the best site because the money backing means the quality of viewing the video is better than anything I've ever seen on the internet.

Edited by Jimjim

I'm in the U.S. now and discovered a fantastic site called hulu dot com. You can watch a lot of shows (although it's inconsistent sometimes. They had all of Heroes season 2 and they just removed the whole first half of the season) and movies, too. Since the makers of the site got it ad-supported and with the backing of some networks it's the best site to watch anything on the internet with, in my opinion. It is a U.S. site, though. Has shows like the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Late Night with Jay Leno, etc. Could be a great site for some Americans to watch at least some of their favorite shows in Thailand if it's viewable.

So, somebody go check out the site and see if they can watch something, ok? Thanks.

Edit: I say it's the best site because the money backing means the quality of viewing the video is better than anything I've ever seen on the internet.

Hi,

Try SurftheChannel (http://www.surfthechannel.com/). This site has all kinds of Movies and TV Shows, which you can stream or download.

Greg

Edited by Thaigreg

Hi,

Try SurftheChannel (http://www.surfthechannel.com/). This site has all kinds of Movies and TV Shows, which you can stream or download.

Greg

surfthechannel is very good, but some of the links provided go to hulu.com is not viewable outside the US. However, I am sure that if you are creative enough you will be able to find some way to reach hulu.com while overseas.

TheWalkingMan

Hi,

Greg

surfthechannel is very good, but some of the links provided go to hulu.com is not viewable outside the US. However, I am sure that if you are creative enough you will be able to find some way to reach hulu.com while overseas.

TheWalkingMan

Yeah there are always "options" which sort of can "un-overseas" your box, or so I hear. Guilty pleasure, I like watching the old "Highlander" series, when I'm in the States.

Edited by calibanjr.

• 1 year later...

I had a very useful conversation recently with the tech staff at the Witopia service site on how "travelers" like us can still view sites like Hulu when we're visiting Thailand, and away from our homes in the U.S.

I tried their standard service recently and got the dreaded "V-P-N service detected and cannot access this site." But a quick tech support call provided an easy solution that works just fine...though it does take an easy settings tweak.

Geographic copyright restrictions really impede your freedom sometimes.

Dinosaurs waiting for extinction. Until then, torrents are my friend, I find downloading this stuff more convenient in any case.

Also I believe some sites work outside the US just fine, like the colbert report. http://www.colbertnation.com/home

Edited by nikster

Namoo, thanks for your comments and info earlier in this thread. It was your suggestions that helped me finally get a working resolution to this stuff, which is GREAT!!!

Witopia off the shelf, as it were, did not work with H-u-l-u and a few others when I first signed up earlier this week. A prior VPN I had, GoTrusted, worked fine for everything else but not H-u-l-u.

After talking to tech support and their passing along the tweak that provided the solution, everything now is working fine with Witopia...

I was AMAZED when I finally got everything working. I've now got a long backlog of things to see: full seasons of Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Lou Grant, Emergency, Dragnet, Adam 12, the Simpsons, and on and on and one... And a lot of episodes I never caught in their original broadcasts because I was too busy working in the good ole' USA.

The only two I really wanted to find now, but could not on any of the regular sites, were back seasons of the now-ended "The Shield" from FX and recent episodes of "Burn Notice" from USA Networks. It seems USA posts the episodes of the show after they air, but isn't keeping up the PAST seasons after they are finished.