Non-o On Second Passport

Hi all,

Due to the nature of my work i currently have two UK passports, however due to unforseen circumstances i am currently in LOS on the wrong one. Basically i have an unused multientry Non-O visa dated from June in my other passport, but am here in country on a 28 day stamp.

I know i could fly out on the current stamp and re-enter on the Non-O but is possible/advisable to do this on a border run to Cambodia?

Cheers!

Hi all,

Due to the nature of my work i currently have two UK passports, however due to unforseen circumstances i am currently in LOS on the wrong one. Basically i have an unused multientry Non-O visa dated from June in my other passport, but am here in country on a 28 day stamp.

I know i could fly out on the current stamp and re-enter on the Non-O but is possible/advisable to do this on a border run to Cambodia?

Cheers!

From a logical standpoint and if I am not right others will certainly correct me, you will have to leave Thailand physically and make a so-called border run to a neighbouring country, i.e. get stamped out with your passport that carries the 28 day stamp.

After that you enter again Thailand with the passport that carries your Non-O-Visa.

You will find it very difficult (impossible) to swap passports at a land crossing, immigration at both ends want to see exit stamps from the other country (and it's probably not wise to show immigration your other PP).

The only practical way is a cheap air trip somewhere :o

Edited by Crossy