When The Oil Runs Out...

ShugNorris

Anyone take into consideration, when buying land or houses in Thailand what'll happen in the not to near distant future?

The prices of airline tickets are going to rocket and they'll take less passengers for fuel efficiency etc...

I was just thinking as it aint gonna be that long away and I'm buying a a piece of land and a house etc in Southern Thailand and know that in even in 30 years I wont be that old... Kinda worrying....

Any thoughts?

Maybe I'm just talking complete shit, just thought it might be interesting to hear some points of view..

Anyone take into consideration, when buying land or houses in Thailand what'll happen in the not to near distant future?

The prices of airline tickets are going to rocket and they'll take less passengers for fuel efficiency etc...

I was just thinking as it aint gonna be that long away and I'm buying a a piece of land and a house etc in Southern Thailand and know that in even in 30 years I wont be that old... Kinda worrying....

Any thoughts?

Maybe I'm just talking complete shit, just thought it might be interesting to hear some points of view..

The "Stone Age" did not end due to the lack of rocks.

The "Oil Age" would end before the oil reserves are spent.

We are talking 20-30 years from now.

I'm referring to 20-30 years in the future...

In the Stone Age you couldn't book a flight online and fly to Thailand...

I'm 23 now and almost married to a Thai girl (5 days) 20/30 years isn't that long away really, I'll be in my 40s or 50s and that'll probably be around the time I actually live there permamently... I'm planning establishing everything working in the UK and retire there at about 40ish.

Edited by ShugInternational

I'm 23 now and almost married to a Thai girl (5 days) 20/30 years isn't that long away really, I'll be in my 40s or 50s and that'll probably be around the time I actually live there permamently... I'm planning establishing everything working in the UK and retire there at about 40ish.

jeez i just replied to another worrier on a previous thread.

Look mate, 20-30 years is along way off so why worry, if i was you i would worry about dieing more than oil running out!

Anyway when oil runs out it wont just be thailand will it?

Stop worrying about oil and start worrying about what your gonna do in 5 days time. Have a great day.

Edited by MonkeyHouse

We will be dead before that happens mate - no worries. Besides next few decades you will see mind blowing technological advances in the areas of transport. :o

Yeah most of you on here will be dead as we found out on another poll most of the members on here are old foggies, i mean fogies!

We will be dead before that happens mate - no worries. Besides next few decades you will see mind blowing technological advances in the areas of transport. :D

Yeah most of you on here will be dead as we found out on another poll most of the members on here are old foggies, i mean fogies!

I am glad you corrected that spelling as I am sure that those spell checker members were just lurking and waiting to pounce on your monkey ass ! :o

We will be dead before that happens mate - no worries. Besides next few decades you will see mind blowing technological advances in the areas of transport. :o

Ah, I see TV has believers in the resurrected neo-Cargo Cult of the 21st Century where it is believed that technology will bring a miraculous deliverance from impact of peak oil and, for those who are not in denial, Global Warming. Perhaps others here are more traditionalists and believe in the coming of a Messiah. Either way, Millennialism has a long history in Southeast Asia as well as in Europe. I won't give up all hope of rationality until I see the flagellants marching en masse.

TATA will start selling their compressed air powered car in India this year. $5000 for a car that can travel 200km on a $3 full tank of compressed air.

Ah, I see TV has believers in the resurrected neo-Cargo Cult of the 21st Century where it is believed that technology will bring a miraculous deliverance from impact of peak oil and, for those who are not in denial, Global Warming. Perhaps others here are more traditionalists and believe in the coming of a Messiah. Either way, Millennialism has a long history in Southeast Asia as well as in Europe. I won't give up all hope of rationality until I see the flagellants marching en masse.

Ah, you see?

I have not watched TV for 20 years now, just fretting I could, one day, be tempted to write a post as you just made.

20-30 years ago oil was going to run out in 20-30 years. After all, even in 1978 there weren't any dinosaurs dying anymore. 20-30 years from now, it will still be the same story.

I do not understand the OP's specific concern.

Is it that he will not be able to travel from <insert home country> to his place here?

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say...

I was just thinking about whether or not it was worth it on a longer term scale, I'm nowhere near retiring age and would rather work in the UK and travel to my place in Thailand during holidays or longer periods if possible.

Flights will become a lot more expensive in the future, I was only really after opinions.... I'll just buy anyway probably and step over the hurdle of, err, global meltdown when the time comes :o

No worries for many farangs and Thais as they are angels and can use their wings to fly. :o

As an oil dependent nation Thailand will be hit hard and many people thrown into a harsher level of poverty. I just may be able to hire a few desperate hands and have them carry me about in a salon chair much as was done in Ancient times. I will of course find it in my heart to save a spot for farang to be my fan man and he can keep the flies and humid airs away from me. And if finances allow, I shall have a scantily clad nymph peel my grapes and feed them to me. I so want to be able to say, To the vomitorium, my good man and make haste. Perhaps we can organize gladiator fights for folks to fight over a liter of petrol.

(I've been watching too many Rome episodes I reckon.)

Ah, you see?

I have not watched TV for 20 years now, just fretting I could, one day, be tempted to write a post as you just made.

I haven't watched much TV myself and I can't quite parse the perceived connection between my post and television, but if you dare read some books you might, hopefully, be far more tempted to post in my footsteps. I would recommend starting with Norman Cohn's The Pursuit of the Millennium in order to place millennialism into a historical context.

We will be dead before that happens mate - no worries. Besides next few decades you will see mind blowing technological advances in the areas of transport. :D

TATA will start selling their compressed air powered car in India this year. $5000 for a car that can travel 200km on a $3 full tank of compressed air.

compressing air of course does not need any energy as air is freely available and can be easily compressed by clapping hands. the trapped air is then filled in the car's tank and any surplus air is stored in the glove compartment. when the car is parked overnight in the garage the surplus air is used to drive a generator which feeds the energy into the public grid for which hard raw cash is paid. this cash can be the used arbitrarily, e.g. to cover car maintenance or grocery shopping.

:o

compressing air of course does not need any energy.

Stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naam has apparently figured out how to create energy without expending any.

I can't belive people still believe the oil is running out. The head of BP has said oil is reproducing faster than it is being used, and that the problems are above ground with politics not below the ground. And as for Dubai, the oil prince has made a similar statement saying he can supply so many million barrels a day, and the issues are purely wester politics. There are so many scientist quoting the same thing, yes most choose to believe government back scientist and the most currupt people on the planet, the government.