Hua Hin - Kanchanaburi

Manou

Hi all,

I like to go to Kanchanaburi every once in a while.

As I live in Hua Hin the main route till now has been by big aircobus (as the minibus doesnt stop at the Southern busstation) to Bangkok and then from the same Suthern Busstation taking the bus to Kanchanaburi.

Up to 3,5 hours for the first bustrip and up to 2,5 hours for the 2nd one. Means all together about 6 hours without waiting time.

Seemed a bit long to me so I took a look at the train schedule and found the following route.

Train:

Hua Hin - Rachaburi

Minibus:

Rachaburi - Kanchanaburi

I would like to know if anyone did this before?

If the minibus stops close to the trainstation in Rachaburi etc.

All information is welcome!

Manou

Hi

I don't know about the mini bus service from Ratchaburi, there is a local bus service the type with no AC and I imagine it stops everywhere.

I have heard of people taking the train to Nakon Pathon and then mini bus to Kanchanaburi.

I'm in Ratchaburi and am not aware of any minibus to Kan. I'll see if I can find out. Local bus from the Rat to Kan is 2-2.5 hours (By car only about 1.25 hours). You can change at Ban Pong for 1st class but there's not much time saving and there's a fair chance you'll have to stand.

On your orignal trip via BKK you could get off before BKK, cross the road and catch the Kan bus going the other way. Maybe you could save yourself 1-1.5 hours at a guess.

ALLEYCAT has come up with the best solution using public transport. The train to Ban Pong should take around 2 hours. At Ban Pong train station you will need to walk or get a motorbike taxi. Across the road from the station you will see a roundabout with statues of elephants in the middle. This road goes staight to the clock tower, about 5 minutes walk. The Police station is on the NE corner and the bus ticket sellers are around. The bus to Kan should take just under an hour.

I'm about 40k from Kan and can do the trip to Hua Hin by car in about 2 hours with good traffic.