Thai Police Drug Bust Nets Iranian, Briton And 30 Others

george

I am glad they got these people off the streets.

I have trouble understanding how these foreign gangs manage to operate so easily.

supply and demand..

it will never end, and the bast majority of drug dealers never spend any time in jail

and if they do, buy themselves out very quickly

and despite what many think, its actually very hard to make a good, legal case against such people

drugs is a ' victimless" crime- the way most cops get a lead on them is through informers, who, by the

very nature of them will lie to say anything

one can buy and sell drugs in a way that its almost impossible for the cops to make a case that sticks

there are actually books on how to do it.. see loompanics books, and other undergrond books printed in US

set up false a/c

leave drugs

somewhere

deposit money, etc

its quite easy

I think more emphasis should be placed upon the users, who hopefully can be persuded not to get hooked

you took the words right out of my fingers was going write exactly the same thing. supply and demand. while people want it people will supply it. people come from places like england where it is as normal as a cup ot tea for some people then they want it here to enhance parradise.

i wonder how much the dealers will spend in the bangkok hilton with all there assets seized.

feel sorry for them they just wanted to supply recreation drugs but feel victims to there own greed for paper.

i won't wish prison of thai kind on many people but they all know the risks. Get moeny get power think you are in vinsable then u are most vunaerable.

People need to think out here !

the Brit was the manager at the Ark Bar so plenty of customers easily available. nice bloke suprised he got in so deep

the one with the yellow porche?

No its not the owner from ark bar :D , he use to have a yellow porche about 3years ago :o , the owners from ark bar work very hard to be drugs free, but its very difficult do control, many ferlangs who are life on samui are drug jusers, im 100% sure that yo and mario not jusing or selling this shit, i think thay are very dissepoindet from there manager Lee, because he is a very good worker. :D

Thinking about the size of the island contra amounts of the drugs just sounds mind bugling... 10kg cocaine per month! HC by any measure. This has to stop. It seems drug imports are doing nothing good for local business. Remember the good old days like casual cash sex - it used to keep business afloat....

For me there is one big thing that comes to mind. That is the scene from the movie "Blow" where George Jung and Diego Delgado (aka Carlos Lehder) are doing so much business that their cash is measured by weight rather than by bill count. And that was just at the very beginning of 15 years of cola craze in America. Unfortunately, I fear this is the tip of the iceberg and will get much worse before it gets better.

Another scary thought also comes to mind, if this can be considered close to what happened in America. The cola drug trade of the 70's and 80's was established because of the market created by relatively well off white people who had money to burn on so-called recreational drugs. That trade along with the emergence of the low cost version (aka crack) resulted in the destruction of large quantities of urban poor. Unfortunately, I fear this may well also happen in Thailand.

Can't really sum up the whole problem in two paragraphs, but what can be done about it? Thailand needs the tourist trade to survive. A certain percentage of those tourists create demand for illegal narcotics. Given the situation with the mafia and the political/police corruption, it doesn't bode well.

Thinking about the size of the island contra amounts of the drugs just sounds mind bugling... 10kg cocaine per month! HC by any measure. This has to stop. It seems drug imports are doing nothing good for local business. Remember the good old days like casual cash sex - it used to keep business afloat....

For me there is one big thing that comes to mind. That is the scene from the movie "Blow" where George Jung and Diego Delgado (aka Carlos Lehder) are doing so much business that their cash is measured by weight rather than by bill count. And that was just at the very beginning of 15 years of cola craze in America. Unfortunately, I fear this is the tip of the iceberg and will get much worse before it gets better.

Another scary thought also comes to mind, if this can be considered close to what happened in America. The cola drug trade of the 70's and 80's was established because of the market created by relatively well off white people who had money to burn on so-called recreational drugs. That trade along with the emergence of the low cost version (aka crack) resulted in the destruction of large quantities of urban poor. Unfortunately, I fear this may well also happen in Thailand.

Can't really sum up the whole problem in two paragraphs, but what can be done about it? Thailand needs the tourist trade to survive. A certain percentage of those tourists create demand for illegal narcotics. Given the situation with the mafia and the political/police corruption, it doesn't bode well.

A very correct statement made here.

This scenario is happening all over the world. Where you have a younger generation of tourists, who, indulge in illegal drugs in their own country will actively seek out the same in their choices of tourist destinations (to quote bigc "to enhance their paradise"). This is absolutely crazy and I wish them all they get in Bangkwang if they should get caught.

John.....

Thailand is already one of the leading nations when it comes to Meth abuse. It's good if they get rid of some tourist dealers but the big guys who cause problems for the whole society seem to be still free.

Whats the latest news on this bust?..any samuians know any underground breaking news? :o

the Brit was the manager at the Ark Bar so plenty of customers easily available. nice bloke suprised he got in so deep

Again as my prevous post disappeared...

Bimty: real name as Google doesnt seem to know it!!

Plz dont imply ppls names without facts, good night all.

the name is in the papers, where is the implication?

And essentially I am saying they may have the name wrong anyway if you check google!!!

If its a real name very unlikely there isnt one guy on google...

And essentially I am saying they may have the name wrong anyway if you check google!!!

If its a real name very unlikely there isnt one guy on google...

He used a different surname when he managed an Irish Bar in Khao Lak last year - which was owned by an Iranian man, if I'm not mistaken.....

I am glad they got these people off the streets.

I have trouble understanding how these foreign gangs manage to operate so easily.

me too, they should not hold back with the sentencing either, they knew the risks, now they should live and die by their decisions.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of dumb foreigners who come to Thailand and involve themselves in illegal activities.

Often these activities are done hand in hand with loc.al authorities for quite a period of time.

Then surprise surprise the foreigners get busted yet the locals rarely do.

Then the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

Involve yourself in illegal activities in Thailand in cohoots with locals and you will be burnt eventually.

Totally agree Tolley. You might have thought the numerous nightmare stories of Westerns thinking thay can "dabble" in illegal activites in Thailand (f#@# the locals! - I am o.k.!!) may have put a lot of them off, but it hasn't it seems.I blame the sun and Sang som and a lack of brain cells - probably due to the aforementioned.

Well, I have never liked drugs so I dont care if they send them to the big tiger. I really dont care, they do not control my life, these foreigners on the party islands.

BTW to the BIB, one should not throw stones in your own glass house. I know a guy that sells drugs for the police. He hands them 70.000 every 3 days, they do what he wants since he is a good man and takes care of them.

Drugs are here to stay.

Well, I have never liked drugs so I dont care if they send them to the big tiger. I really dont care, they do not control my life, these foreigners on the party islands.

BTW to the BIB, one should not throw stones in your own glass house. I know a guy that sells drugs for the police. He hands them 70.000 every 3 days, they do what he wants since he is a good man and takes care of them.

Drugs are here to stay.

You can bet London to a brick that if he is a foreigner he will go down sooner or later and be replaced by another gullible farang.

They tend to only throw stones at the little glass guest house, that's the room that says: "gullible foreigners dealing dope HERE."

:o

Drugs are here to stay.

So... you haven't reported this guy because...?

Drugs are here to stay.

So... you haven't reported this guy because...?

You signed up for TV just to make such a witty post 8 minutes later ? Why did he not report this guy to the very same BIBs ... - oh forget it, I probably missed your irony. :o

Edited by longtom