What Type Of Electrical Plug Is Used In The Philippines?

Mobi

I wouldn't trust what these websites say...just because the hotel where you are staying at is using a different plug than the national standard. I always carry a universal plub adapter wherever I travel in Asia.

So you gonna rough-it for a bit ehh...going from Bimmers to Jeepneys :o

I wouldn't trust what these websites say...just because the hotel where you are staying at is using a different plug than the national standard. I always carry a universal plub adapter wherever I travel in Asia.

So you gonna rough-it for a bit ehh...going from Bimmers to Jeepneys :o

Something like that - I'm gonna slum it for a week :D

• 2 weeks later...

A couple decades ago, there were conflicting electrical systems in place. Near the US bases on Luzon (Angeles City, Olongapo) they used 110v 60 hz; out in the sticks they used 220v 60 hz. Honest. I don't know what's used in Manila.

If you have anything that needs a ground make sure you have an adapter that converts three prong to two. I rarely have ever seen or used a properly grounded outlet in Luzon or Cebu. Also if you are powering anything that you like and might not want to have burn up, you really need a good surge/spike protector and voltage filter. The power is very dirty (voltage and cycles are variable) in PH and I have had a few electronics get cooked.