Very Bad Service From Air Crap Asia

HDRIDER

I don't why so many people are attempting to defend this airline and attack the op.

I'm neither defending FD nor attacking the OP, just trying to help him/her understand some of the potential issues. It seems like it is the OP doing all the attacking?

I neither work for FD, nor have I ever flown them, but hundreds of thousands of people have and they seem to be a successful LCC. I think many travelers expect legacy benefits from LCC's, and feel incensed when their expectations are not met.

The OP's GF's IDB has a simple explanation, it's just that s/he is unable to communicate with FD.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I flew with Air Asia quite alot (domestic and international )

I had similar problem like that due to my late check in ( My other flight was late arrival ) but since I INSISTED persistently that I need to get on board that day then they agreed me to take the next flight.

They did at first offer me for refund but I said NO firmly so they then got me the seat to the next flight which is only made me wait 3 hours in a LCC airport in Kuala Lumpur.

Well, in my opinion is many Aircraft carriers have some good and bad services. Its all depends on you and your luck..

I had bad experiences with other airlines which is not LCC. So its not a matter of its LCC or not.

Some had good day and some had not...

I flew with Air Asia quite alot (domestic and international )

I had similar problem like that due to my late check in ( My other flight was late arrival ) but since I INSISTED persistently that I need to get on board that day then they agreed me to take the next flight.

They did at first offer me for refund but I said NO firmly so they then got me the seat to the next flight which is only made me wait 3 hours in a LCC airport in Kuala Lumpur.

Well, in my opinion is many Aircraft carriers have some good and bad services. Its all depends on you and your luck..

I had bad experiences with other airlines which is not LCC. So its not a matter of its LCC or not.

Some had good day and some had not...

USS Abraham Lincoln - good

HTMS Chakri Naruebet - good

Ulyanovsk - bad

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Edited by GeorgeW

It does not matter that her English is perfect as the staff at the airport are Thai!

I think he was responding to this -

I suspect there has been some sort of breakdown in communication between FD, your GF and you, owing to a misunderstanding and perhaps language issues.

She had no language problems communicating what happened to the OP. Nothing to do with Thai staff at the airport.

The OP says his GF reported others were also denied so it appears it is not anything related to payment, wrong date, etc. Based on what's reported it's some internal Air Asia problem, maybe they had to swap a smaller aircraft or had a problem with some seats on the plane, or simply overbooked. There are lots of people who have serious problems with Air Asia's customer relations. Comparing them with other airlines that look after people who are denied boarding is meaningless. This airline simply does not care at all about their customers. I previously reported about someone I know who flew them and they lost their luggage. Air Asia's response was "what do you expect, we're a low cost carrier". That is totally consistent with their employees' attitude towards customer service. You have a problem with us, tough luck...you didn't pay much for the ticket so you don't have any rights! This airline wouldn't last a day in any country with strong consumer protection laws. They are only successful because the countries they operate in don't give the consumer the protection they need against such fraudulant companies. I would love to see this company go bankrupt or lose a ton of money in lawsuits, but unfortunately it probably won't ever happen.

Edited by GeorgeW

Again, why did she not make a stand as most any other passenger would do.

Notwithstanding possible misunderstandings, there is not ONE argument that can justify an airline bumping a passenger of a flight when having a confirmed ticket.

The passenger should get what he/she paid for no matter what the circumstances, or at the very least being offered a viable alternative.

I have posted time and again that the airline industry is getting away with far to much malpractice.

My 2 cents

onzestan

I have every sympathy with the OP. My Thai wife would never argue with an 'official', not even someone working for Air Asia, its just not her way. A lot of Thai girls are like this.

So this fairly common practice of overbooking seats on aircraft (hotels do it as well) and then 'sorting' out the aggro when a customer complains - is very effective with people like the OPs G/F and my wife.

I on the other hand would have got lots of 'goodies' out of the experience and had a good old rant as well - Well - at least some air miles and an extra packet of nuts! :o

Personally I would not book Air Asia unless I really had to - but they are cheaper than Bangkok Airways - so you get what you pay for I suppose.

Overbooked flights from London to the USA with BA can be quite nice I believe, they offer (or used to) a free night in a hotel and spending money and an upgrade on a flight the following day.

Edited by dsfbrit

HI really don’t know how to continue with this, believe me i have done everything i could to explain this. She paid cash for the ticket, i have the receipt, and they send a confirmation by mail to her, i have that one as well, if i could get in touch with the right people, but no mail, only 1 number in BKK.

The people i have been talking to say they did not have any seat, nor did they have any later in the day, and my GF still say she was not the only one.

Air Asia don’t really want to tell me why, other there has been some misunderstanding with the office people, i asked if she had done anything wrong, they say she did not do anything wrong, they would not even give her money back, have to wait 30 days, is that service???

The OP's GF's IDB has a simple explanation, it's just that s/he is unable to communicate with FD.

How can you communicate with somebody you cant reach????????

In another thread they mention some Thai consumer protection agency. I would persue it there.

A nice fat lawsuit might get their attention.

They must have cancelled a prior flight - because they called your girl well before check in time. They knew they had a problem.

Well speaking for myself I think the OP is most likely telling it the way it happened....we got there in the end.

You know a lot of us have flown with Airasia and had no problems. therefore there is a tendency to be sceptical of others who complain about situations we have not experienced. Fact is though if you google airasia complaints you'll come across enough of them, many of which they own up to. I hav'nt tried it , but if you do the same with Ryanair I've no doubt you'll have enough to keep you occupied for at least a year, and unlike Airasia they never hold up their hands to anything.

So bang goes the theory that Airasia couldn't operate in a country with strong consumer protection laws

So, these things happen, they should'nt but they do. it might not happen to me, or to you, but I've little doubt it happens to someone, probably those who are adjudged least likely to cause a problem.

If it helps this was a valid email for the CEO last year, [email protected].

Hi

I am going to KL in a few days time, guess what, they want me to fly Air Asia from Phuket to KL, well i told them NOT

Will send a mail to that Tony, don’t hold your breath

Well it did not work.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected].

Edited by HDRIDER

Wow! for the hate replies towards the OP, sure his GF must have "misunderstood" the Thai Air Asia people at check in.

Strange none of the so well informed punters on this board haven't given any thoughts to the fact that One-To-Go went and Nokbird stopped flying to Phuke-it.

As a result the redbird's planes might be more than full these days and with an unknown priority system favouring "important" Thai passengers, They might deny boarding to the weaker ones and since they probably are fully booked for days to come advise you to walk home or take the bus.

If you read the Op carefully you will notice his gf called him from check in desk at 5.30 concerning a fligth leaving 7.00 and the Op talked to a supervisor who could not tell him why his gf was denied boarding. This is Thai customer service at his best, but no suprise isn't?

I fly them often and can assure you that when things go wrong you will be at the short end of the stick, ie you lose, they win.

Edited by tartempion

Courtesy of The Evening Standard a few months ago:

" A man was in the bar at an airport when he noticed a beautiful woman alongside him. "Wow," he thought, "She must be an air hostess. I wonder which airline she works for."

He leaned over and uttered the Delta Airline slogan "Love to fly and it shows?" She gave him a blank stare and he thought "Hmm. Not Delta."

Another slogan popped into his head, and he leaned over again;: "Something special in the air?"

She gave him another confused look and he scratched Singapore airlines off the list.

Thinking "perhaps she works for Thai Airways.." he said "Smooth as silk?"

This time the woman got angry, turned on him and said: "What the f*** do you want?"

The man slumped back in his chair. "Ahhh, Ryanair" he sighed. "

Maybe you can change Ryanair for Air Asia??

Wow! for the hate replies towards the OP, sure his GF must have "misunderstood" the Thai Air Asia people at check in.

Strange none of the so well informed punters on this board have'nt given any thoughts to the fact that One-To-Go went and Nokbird stopped flying to Phuke-it.

As a result the redbird's planes might be more than full these days and with an unknown priority system favouring "important" Thai passengers, They might deny boarding to the weaker ones and since they probably are fully booked for days to come advise you to walk home or take the bus.

If you read the Op carefully you will notice his gf called him from check in desk at 5.30 concerning a fligth leaving 7.00 and the Op talked to a supervisor who could not tell him why his gf was denied boarding. This is Thai customer service at his best, but no suprise isn't?

I fly them often and can assure you that when things go wrong you will be at the short side of the stick, ie you lose, they win.

Thanks a lot for that,

maybe somebody have more "coffe" money

I did find a new mail address for Air Asia, so let see.

HI

Still not easy to get in touch with Air Asia, there was some people there said they have been in touch with them, please give me the mail.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

DNS Error: Could not contact DNS servers

Flightcrew1

You should be able to help, look like you know whats going on with Air Asia, i will still try to explain if it dont make sense to you.

You should be able to get me an mail address that still work

This airline wouldn't last a day in any country with strong consumer protection laws. They are only successful because the countries they operate in don't give the consumer the protection they need against such fraudulant companies. I would love to see this company go bankrupt or lose a ton of money in lawsuits, but unfortunately it probably won't ever happen.

You mean like Australia?

Or soon to be UK?

• 3 weeks later...

Thai Air Asia, a complete bunch of shysters.

Have flown with them a number of times over the last few years, but after the experience I had with them in April I will not use them again. In the end a very unprofessional outfit. I'd rather spend a few extra baht, and not put up with their nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Some news about Air Asia, as i said before i will never use them (until yesterday)

Was in KL and could not get home same day if i did not use Air crap Asia, well i went to the sale boot, waiting for 30 minutes, then told the PC was down, go to counter 24 and buy the ticket, waiting for 30 minutes again, got a ticket to Phuket, then to counter 11 to check in, 15 minutes, had 1 check in luggage, it was 10 Ringit, then to counter 16 to get a statement so i could get my money back from my company, that was another 20 minutes.

Got onboard, no delay, took off on time, a cup of Nescafe, only 4 ringit, about 40 baht, nothing for free, the seats: if your more than 180cm you will hit you knees on the front seat, the back of the seat can only come about 10 cm back. That’s why i never fly Air Asia (until yesterday)

Lets not talk about air fare, nothing cheap about that for sure.

BTW my GF got her money back after 36 days, good on you Air Asia.

OP, nobody will really understand that what you are saying happened actually happened until it happens to them on Air Asia. That's the Air Asia business model and it works just fine for them.

As a weekly flier between Chiang Mai and Bangkok with hundreds of trips on Air Asia I understand exactly how they operate but it does no good to tell anyone.

I always assume a booking with Air Asia is a gamble that generally pays off fine but a very small percent of the time someone loses in a way that defies common sense or business ethics. I just accept the loss and smile.

Best of luck to all.