Piggy Bank

Hi

I'm planning on emigrating to LOS within the next year.

Anyone have any good advice on where i should keep my funds. Should i keep most of my money in my home-country and transfer (say annually) for domestic banking or move the lot across.

I'm not a whizz on financial advice and the advisors over here (UK) all have vested interests.

I'd appreciate some advice from you guys that have done it / doing it.

Sorry though, don't send me your account number guys. :o

I personally would not leave my money in Thai baht: Thailand is an emerging market and the currency is not well established. also, the interest rate is 0.5%.

i have my money in the HSBC in Hong Kong (not u.k) - they offer the powervantage account where you can do a number of investments all from the internet banking, including buying stocks,unit trust, time deposits and foreign currency deposits and much more. Go to there website and check out something called 'deposit plus' - it may interest you.

I personally would not leave my money in Thai baht: Thailand is an emerging market and the currency is not well established. also, the interest rate is 0.5%.

i have my money in the HSBC in Hong Kong (not u.k) - they offer the powervantage account where you can do a number of investments all from the internet banking, including buying stocks,unit trust, time deposits and foreign currency deposits and much more. Go to there website and check out something called 'deposit plus' - it may interest you.

THANK YOU ZOVOX, THAT'S JUST THE KIND OF POINTER THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Huh-hum, I'll lower my voice now. :o