Fisherman Village Do You Think Its Boring?

I love Fisherman's Village. It's nice to have bars where you can go without the BG's throwing themselves all over you (like the bars where I choose to live :o ). It just seems more "normal" to me. Besides, it's nice to have neighborhoods with different feels to them on the island. If everywhere were the same it would be less interesting.

Not being rude but this is a really stupid question, why don't you just go to Bangrak if thats the scene you are after and after all it's only 2 minures down the road. The whole of the island is covered in girlie bars and karaokes and you want to turn the only family haven into that aswell. Very short sighted.

Not being rude but this is a really stupid question, why don't you just go to Bangrak if thats the scene you are after and after all it's only 2 minures down the road. The whole of the island is covered in girlie bars and karaokes and you want to turn the only family haven into that aswell. Very short sighted.

yes i agrea u don't have to go to fishermans village if u not like it. they have many ranges of resturants and massages. nice to have a different choices of styles round the island

How to spice it up is the question then?

We don't want girlie bars there, we have them everywhere else. Personally, I love it as it is, it has more character than many places on the island.

it has much charm this village and good restaurants to, almost along and over the beach :o

We don't want girlie bars there, we have them everywhere else. Personally, I love it as it is, it has more character than many places on the island.

it has much charm this village and good restaurants to, almost along and over the beach :o

yes ok "how to spice it up" from the replies it sounds like everyone likes it just the way it is........fair enough.I was told they did try thai traditional dance once but without success.

Hi think the fisherman village should more like Soi green mango... They should destroy all these old wooden thai style crapy fisherman houses and build several night clubs... like the reagge pub, something cool ! Let's pattayaze the whole dam_n place, yey !

This is ironic of course. I chosed to live in the fisherman's village (10 minutes walk from it accutually) because it's one the quitest and still welcoming place on the island ! Many great restaurants, nice bars and lounge to chill out.. I'm not ashamed to say 'this is where I live' when my parents come visit from over seas. The village is just fine the way it is :o Acctually I'd simply move to somewhere else (where - i dont know) if the girls started coming here. Prostitution is a very sad thing - and the customers are a really sad sad bunch.

Absolutly. Keep it "boring" and bugger off to Chaweng if you are so sad

Personally, I love it as it is, it has more character than many places on the island.

I sign that!

agree, if you are into girly bars visit Bangrak, if you want the nightlife pop into chewang...

Fishermans Village has its own charm, also The billabong play live music ect.......... and there has been some very hot chicks in there ( Not Bar Girls ) so there is a little challenge for you :o

Edited by Boater

agree, if you are into girly bars visit Bangrak, if you want the nightlife pop into chewang...

There are several girlie bars in Bangrak but it's not the place to go if that's what you like. Green Mango or Soi Reggae are much, much better for things like that. Back to Fisherman's village - Samui would be better off if some more of the island were like it.

There are several girlie bars in Bangrak but it's not the place to go if that's what you like. Green Mango or Soi Reggae are much, much better for things like that. Back to Fisherman's village - Samui would be better off if some more of the island were like it.

Couldn't agree more... 'Only been living in samui for 6 months, but I'm already fed up with the BG crowd... and the drunks... I try to go to chaweng as little as possible, and fortunatly the village still has a "real life" feeling about it...

Edited by kevdulounge

I hope - for heaven's sake - that the few original Thai/Chinese families, still living in Bophut will NOT bow for money and may Buddha forbid that girlie bars are/will be allowed. :o

LaoPo

I hope - for heaven's sake - that the few original Thai/Chinese families, still living in Bophut will NOT bow for money and may Buddha forbid that girlie bars are/will be allowed. :o

LaoPo

Keep Fishermans village as it is!, it is still the only consider up market area in Samui...... as if you bring in the girly bars, all you will have is LOAD and CRAP music blaring down the whole street!

FV has some nice places to go - one of them selling a bucket full of ice cold beer bottles, nice idea! What I dont understand is why they are not able to do "walking street" in the evening, should be a good promotion (I know: Thais dont like to walk..)

What I dont like: It is almost impossible to see the sea, too many 2-3 storey buildings.

FV is fine as it is and i am slowly working my way through all the restaurants and bars at the moment :D it's hard work but somebody has to do it, haven't come across one selling a bucket of beers yet any clues like a name would be a help :o

Hi think the fisherman village should more like Soi green mango... They should destroy all these old wooden thai style crapy fisherman houses and build several night clubs... like the reagge pub, something cool ! Let's pattayaze the whole dam_n place, yey !

This is ironic of course. I chosed to live in the fisherman's village (10 minutes walk from it accutually) because it's one the quitest and still welcoming place on the island ! Many great restaurants, nice bars and lounge to chill out.. I'm not ashamed to say 'this is where I live' when my parents come visit from over seas. The village is just fine the way it is :o Acctually I'd simply move to somewhere else (where - i dont know) if the girls started coming here. Prostitution is a very sad thing - and the customers are a really sad sad bunch.

the customers are sad but leave happy :D

do you think fishermans village needs spicing up or just left alone as it is? sometimes i think it could do with some girlie bars like banrak.( i believe F/V is not zoned for this)but i do find the bars boring.any comments.

What are great idea, take one of the more realxed chilled out areas of Samui and pollute it with bar girls. I am sure that some of the local businesses that attract customers that dont want the bar girls will be over joyed with your suggestion.

Really??? Is this someone playing a joke just to get people going? Of course FV doesn't need Girlie Bars!! Why would you like to homogenize the entire island like this???? :D There are far too many and like a previous poster, I agree, far too many sad people in them. There needs to be a place where people can go, listen to some live music, have some food, have a massage or just stroll, (maybe even with kids or family) without all of that. If you really find it "boring" because you aren't able to get your "fix" of false love.....go elsewhere or maybe try doing something that may enhance your character like read a book or learn something instead (maybe then you can have conversation inside a "normal bar") and then you may see there is a life without bar girls. :o

It's getting already too commercialized with all the vendors, selling the same boring tourist staff like in Chaweng, Lamai, Pattaya, Bangkok...

And indeed it should be a pedestrian area in the evening, so should be Chaweng between Starbucks and Mc Donalds.

It's getting already too commercialized with all the vendors, selling the same boring tourist staff like in Chaweng, Lamai, Pattaya, Bangkok...

And indeed it should be a pedestrian area in the evening, so should be Chaweng between Starbucks and Mc Donalds.

good idea!