Friend Needs To Hide Phone Calls To English Wife. How ?

Jessy

Use VoIP and it will come up as a UK or private number on her phone, or get a DID number for the country hes supposed to be visiting... Simple as..

If using your UK mobile here, it may say on the bill that the call was made from Thailand? Also be carefull with the passport stamps, CC bills, Bank statements, receipts..

Easy enough to get away with if you do it rite, I was spending a couple of nites a week in Pattaya from BKK for a long time and the gf didn't have a clue.. :o The trick is to have a cheap phone, then u can always destroy it as and when required and then have an excuse for not answering / the phone being off..

Edited by TopDogger

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serves him right if she gets a decent bloke in the UK and bins him while he's out sowing his wild oats here. He should be more worried about taking back a dose or worse than a flipping phone call.

I hope she finds out and takes him to the cleaners!

I very much agree with your opinion too...Good for him..advice ohh noo...

A UK national can get a second passport for two reasons:

1. He is planning to travel to Israel and then a country that will not let you in if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, for example Saudi Arabia.

2. He travels frequently and needs immigration visas that require a passport to be submitted to an embassy. Thus you travel on one passport whilst the other is at an embassy somewhere.

Neither are well policed and the second only requires you sign a form and attach a supporting letter from your employer. You can even set up a UK limited company (£70) be the Managing Director and have your mate as Company Secretary and he can send the supporting letter.

As for the phone. Easy. Newer mobile phones have internet access. Sign up for Skype. Assign yourself a number. Call using Skype out. She can even call you back on that number. I use this method to do business with people who will only do business with people resident in London (for some wierd reason). Thus I frequently call them from my 'London office'.

Here's a suggestion , why don't you be a Man & be open with your wife & be , HONEST.....................oh my God . Hope that word isn't too much of a shock to your 'friend'

:o

I agree, be a man and own up, how would you feel if the ball was on the other foot, how would you feel if she did it on you? If you dont want your wife in the UK anymore, then why dont you finish the relationship, instead of living a life of lies. Or there again maybe she is a decent hard working lady contributing to the home ect.... maybe she has a good job in the UK - who knows...... poor woman, i hope she finds out, and gets herself a dishy Thai man one day.

Peace Blondie, this thread has not got anything to do with bar girls whatsoever; I don't know why you made that association?? The post is about cheating. And the purpose of the post was to find out if someone knows a way of hiding caller Id when phoning the UK. The only person who has mentioned 'bar girls' in this entire thread is yourself in your last reply.

Note that he's done that before in other forums; something in the Pattaya forum about the attractions of the place. Topic was going just fine until he brings up the-topic-that-cannot-be-discussed. Then had to be closed not long after. I think he still needs to mature in his overly quick assumptions on Thailand and the people there and the people who travel there.

On the topic at hand.. I think a major danger is that something happens to him which could then easily cause his whole life to fall apart. For example being in a (traffic) accident, getting hospitalized, etc. For this reason I would recommend to NOT lie about the location where he's supposed to be; if it's plausible that he has to travel in Europe for business then I'm sure he can manage making it plausible to have to be in Asia.

Using Skype is indeed the answer; it's actually quite common to have phone calls routed through other networks which typically results in the caller ID being a local UK number, no number at all, or some variation. My main issue with using Skype is finding a place that's quiet enough to have a conversation, this is especially important if his wife is Thai and could understand Thai being spoken in the background.

International Roaming would also work, but that'll be more expensive, and all kinds of stuff could show up on the phone bill; not sure about that but he wants to make sure he has this covered.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

as for voIP - may be good idea to use voIP provider located at Europe, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comme...twork_providers

as for call cards - I can recommend the one from CAT Telecom, you can buy at central pattaya office (not sure, I think same soi as post office) or main office at the corner of south and 3 roads

zayhi.com is less expensive, however not easy to find (I ask at several FM shops before was able to buy)

as for moral aspect - well, man cant be pregnant, so can meet other ladies as long as he keep care about his wife, family and kids. nothing wrong with it, asian culture much more practical in this terms, white countries just invent sci-fi tales about woman rights etc

live real life, be happy, improve your karma ;-)

Some of you may not approve of this, but for others I would appreciate your advice. My friend has suddemly announced he is coming from the UK to Pattaya for a few nights on the town - he's coming for only three days. Seems like madness to me but there you are. Anyway, his English wife thinks he will be away on business in Europe, and he has promised he will phone her every day. I told him to tell her that he won't be able to call everyday, but he's adamant that he must.

Obviously when he calls her he does not want caller ID to be shown, and he has asked if there is a way round this. I have experimented phoning the UK with my Samsung phone (which has a caller ID withhold option) using DTAC, but it does not seem to withhold +66 part of number. I don't know if One-to-Call network is different?? Last time he popped over here fo four days, he used one of the call box internet phones that are dotted around Pattaya. But it was a disaster because in the middle of the call to his English wife (who thought he was in Scotland), a couple of Thai girls started having a loud argument in the background, which she heard and it required some explaining on his part that he was in a Parisian China town. A stupid situation if you ask me, but what can you do...

Anyway, does anyone know how he can phone her in the UK knowing there is no risk whatsoever of +66 being shown. Thanks.

The best way is to get an international calling card. You dial into that "800" number and then you enter the number you want to call. The only number that shows up is the "800" number you dialed to connect to the calling card. I use it in the USA sometimes when I am calling some company or possible scammer that I don't want them to know my cell phone number. I bought my card online at noble.com. Great rates and no monthly service fees. I use it at work also now and then because on some jobs I can't bring my cell phone into the building and can't use the company phone to make long distance calls. Always have a calling card with you.

I noticed somebody mentioned the passport stamp. I doubt there is a way around that. While covering the tracks, lets reduce the chance of discovery. Do not use the ATM or credit card in Thailand. Do get money before you travel there. Exchange cash and use cash everywhere. How about internet log ins? Does she have access to any account that you might have such as bank, email, etc..? Airplane frequent flier accounts or flight logs? Scrub luggage carefully for Receipts and any "evidence" after leaving Thailand, hotel receipts, laundry ticket, movie stub, leftover Thai baht, Singha bottle cap that fell into your pocket? How about that immigration form you made a mistake on the airplane and put it in your day pack and forgot about it then filled out another?

Before you go, rent the movie: "The guide for the married man". Might be one of the funniest movies from the 60s. Walter Mathieu, Rober Morse and others. Guy gets all the tips on how to not get caught. Too funny to describe. The ideas apply to anything.

Best Wishes.