NETA V - Have any members got one?

grs90

I was in Central Mall earlier and saw the NETA V.  Nice looking little car and seemed incredibly cheap at 549,000.  

Have been looking at reviews since coming home and the common theme seems to be that it is good for city driving but a bit ropey on the longer distance driving.  

I was surprised at the sales girl's claim that the 38KW battery is capable of 380KM range although this seems to be backed up by the info available online.  I was also surprised when she said neither the driver seat height or the steering wheel position was adjustable because when I sat in it I had to put the seat all the way back just to get my knees below the steering wheel and, having done that, my legs couldn't reach the pedals!

I will be changing the current car during the coming months and am considering anything up to around 750,000 baht as I'm a bit mean with the money and don't really aspire to anything more expensive. I haven't got it to any detailed look at possibilities yet or visited showrooms and arranged test drives.  

Typically we only do around 15,000 KM a year, 90% of which is journeys under 50KM with 4 or 5 longer trips per year.

The current car is an Almera which has been totally reliable for the past 6 years of ownership and fits well with my dead boring, conservative driving style.  So a new version of that is on the "possibles" list, along with the Toyata Yaris Ativ and the Mazda 2.  

I am tempted though to go full electric this time and, so far, have been mainly focused on the MG EP Plus which seems to tick most of my boxes, subject to the price of the soon to be released revamped model.  The NETA V though has piqued my interest now and, subject to me being able to fit in to it, could go the "possibles" list.

So, does anyone own one and, if so, can you share your experiences?  In particular is the driving position adjustable in any way?  And how close to the advertised one charge driving range do you get?   

Cheers for any feedback.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grs90 said:

My current car is an Almera, which has been totally reliable for the past 6 years of ownership and fits well with my boring, conservative driving style. So a new version of that is on the "possibles" list, along with the Toyota Yaris Ativ and the Mazda 2. 

Almera and Yarris ATV are good compact cars. Excellent for city driving and occasionally long distance driving. Not looked into Mazda 2. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Almera and Yarris ATV are good compact cars. Excellent for city driving and occasionally long distance driving. Not looked into Mazda 2. 

After having an EV, no way going back to an ICE.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bassosa said:

I recently found out that these kind of exclamations were common in the 70's but then for Japanese cars. We all know what followed.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Do you do 15 k kms a year as well as the op? The savings are a lot less over an ecocar that gets 18-20 km/l or a hybrid. 

30 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Do you do 15 k kms a year as well as the op? The savings are a lot less over an ecocar that gets 18-20 km/l or a hybrid. 

We average 20k a year, and the very few cars that get 18-20kmL, we prefer not to have.  Actually only 1 that I'm familiar with, Celerio (20kpl), and way to small for our purposes.  Very nice for the price though, if anyone is looking in that direction.

Though uses less petrol, they still use petrol.  We prefer to move forward in the future, not stay in the past.

Also have no need for a hybrid, as for us, what would be the point.  Still needs petrol and way too much maintenance.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I have both a new EV and an old ICE in the USA. I use EV for city driving and ICE for long distance, though I hardly drive long distance now a days. In Thailand I don't have a car and always use bolt, BTS, MRT, flight, Taxis, etc. Never felt the need for a car, though sometimes felt the urge to  buy a car in Pattaya but resistated my urge because I could not justify myself the reason to buy a car. My bolt charges in Pattaya never exceeded 3K per month. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I have both a new EV and an old ICE in the USA. I use EV for city driving and ICE for long distance, though I hardly drive long distance now a days. In Thailand I don't have a car and always use bolt, BTS, MRT, flight, Taxis, etc. Never felt the need for a car, though sometimes felt the urge to  buy a car in Pattaya but resistated my urge because I could not justify myself the reason to buy a car. My bolt charges in Pattaya never exceeded 3K per month. 

If not for the O&As, we really don't need a car here, and it is a luxury item, and not inexpensive, relative to monthly outlay.  And we live sort of rural, but actually close to everything.   No public trans here, but could easily get by with a side cart on the scooter, for shopping and getting around.

If need/want basic around town transport, a car, then hard to beat the price and operating cost (20 kp/L) of the Celerio.   Neta V, just add to a good EV option, for around town, and short O&As, or longer if patient.  If the extra 200k isn't a budget issue, and if racking up a few kms, then ROI will be realized probably before warranty expires.

Really depends on people's needs, budget, and age of course.  I (68), might, hopefully, see ROI (250k over ICE), of the ZS, as ZS (ICE & EV) not exactly inexpensive, IF live long enough and do our usually 20k kms a year.   Wife, 23 yrs younger, will definitely reap the benefits, and with luck, might be her last car.

EV ROI vs ICE (MG ZS) ... ฿250k cost.  8yrs X 20k kms = 160k kms

160k kms = ฿576k for petrol @ 10km/L @ ฿36/L, so ROI for us should be rather quick.  Half of those kms locally, and charged up with excess solar at the house, so basically free. 

Already have 6000 kms on the car, and <5 months old, and most of those, local kms.  Past cars since I've been here, have been 20k kms a year, average.

MG ZS ICE we had for just shy of 2 yrs, and racked up 39k kms.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

lets give this a bump, a year later someone must have bought one, the older model now down to 479,000thb i believe , as there is a new model neta v 2 available with 40.7 kWh Lithium-ion LFP Battery, 549,000 and 569,000 for i smart,  minor changes - 

Change Projector Lens headlights to LED. Change the new design tail light LED Strip

Change the front and rear bumper, new design

Change the front air trap. New design, Star Galaxy Grille.

Add exterior body color Milk Tea, Blue Baby, 

Add two-tone interior color Black / white, White / blue, All black

Add driver/front passenger seat Adjusted by hand 6 directions (increase high-low level)

Add Wireless Charger Wireless Charger

Add a rear windshield wiper system

Added variable speed control system Full-Speed Adaptive Cruise Control

Added a warning system when the front car moves. Front Car Start Reminder

Added a forward Collision Waring warning system.

Added automatic braking system Automatic Emergency Braking

Add a car treatment system to Lane Keeping Assist.

Added a warning system when the car leaves the lane. Lane Departure Warning

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1