Recommended Tailors Hua Hin

chefsw

Look for 1 with a "Tailor of the Year 2009" sticker.

Only well introduced would be able to find "Tailor of the Year 2010".

No matter which one gets to fleece you, all suits are made in hangar like sweatshops somewhere in Petcahburi or some other Nakhon Nowhere, possibly exactly the same place.

Just for fun, ask the tailor to see their shop, what if a last moment adjustment has to be made. It would be a great surprise if they have 1 sewing machine on the premises at all!

That's another trick - they will make your final product arrive just before you have no time to wait - take or leave or miss your flight, no complaints about different (lower quality) material or watever.

Tailors (usually Indians) are worse than pests with their touting. One man I knew started a conversation with one of them 2nd day of his holiday and after that could not walk past without being stopped, dragged into the shop...then he had to avoid (convenient, busy and touristy) area altogether for the rest of his holiday.

• 7 months later...
Look for 1 with a "Tailor of the Year 2009" sticker.

Only well introduced would be able to find "Tailor of the Year 2010".

No matter which one gets to fleece you, all suits are made in hangar like sweatshops somewhere in Petcahburi or some other Nakhon Nowhere, possibly exactly the same place.

Just for fun, ask the tailor to see their shop, what if a last moment adjustment has to be made. It would be a great surprise if they have 1 sewing machine on the premises at all!

That's another trick - they will make your final product arrive just before you have no time to wait - take or leave or miss your flight, no complaints about different (lower quality) material or watever.

Tailors (usually Indians) are worse than pests with their touting. One man I knew started a conversation with one of them 2nd day of his holiday and after that could not walk past without being stopped, dragged into the shop...then he had to avoid (convenient, busy and touristy) area altogether for the rest of his holiday.

While holidaying in Hua Hin from the 8th February, 09 to the 11th February, 09 we were introduced to Hollywood Tailors by our expat friends who had also introduced others to them.

They were very friendly and the job was quick with multiple fitting sessions.

I ordered 2 Cashmere Wool suits with extra pants, 2 L/S shirts and my wife ordered 4 blouses & 4 pairs of womans slacks and for this we paid THB 29000.00.

Back home in Australia a costing of these items from their website tells me that I should have paid about THB14000.00 and been given 2 free shirts.

This week I took one of the suits in for Dry Cleaning only to find that it is a Polyester/Cotton mix NOT Cashmere as was agreed upon. I have emailed them and received no response

Do NOT shop here, they promise one thing and give you and inferior product, so much for the website guarantee. A total rip off.

need to get a good business suit made up while HH anybody able to recommend a good tailor please

:o ta

If you really want to have a good business suite made up you would need to go to Bangkok and expect that it would take at least a week to make a suit. There are some good tailors in Bangkok but they never come as cheep as you think. I have over the past thirty years never seen a "real tailor" with genuine material in any of the tourist areas I have visited.

Before you decide to go ahead please read the information on this link

http://www.thetruthabouttailors.com/

I do not know this guy and have never used any of the tailor shops he recommend, but what he says makes sense.

I've had no experience with tailors in the five years I've been living here as I only wear shorts and T-shirts, but a few years back when I actually had a job and was only visiting Thailand on vacation I had a couple of suits made in Bangkok and they looked great at first but after a couple of cleanings they lost their shape and looked terrible so I tossed them. Maybe I chose a bad place but I've heard similar stories from others.

I now order clothing (even shorts and shirts) online from quality stores and have someone coming this way bring them to me as even the shorts I buy here fall apart after several washings. The ones I bought 6 to 8 years ago in the U.S. get lots of wear and washings and are still going strong. Anything sold in SE Asia or China IMO is of lower quality. The strange thing here is that I have a difficult time finding light weight quality pocket T-shirts (in larger sizes) so I order them from the U.S. and when they arrive, they frequently say "Made in Thailand" on the label. Why can't I find those here... the answer, according to a friend is that there are factories here that make "export only" clothing which is apparently of higher quality and they don't sell them locally... what a shame!

I've had no experience with tailors in the five years I've been living here as I only wear shorts and T-shirts, but a few years back when I actually had a job and was only visiting Thailand on vacation I had a couple of suits made in Bangkok and they looked great at first but after a couple of cleanings they lost their shape and looked terrible so I tossed them. Maybe I chose a bad place but I've heard similar stories from others.

That is what happens to most buyers although some simply do not care because it is cheap. When selecting a tailor for a good quality suite there are basically three three things to look for:

1. The cloth. Good quality cloths are actually quite expensive so any cheap offer means it is not for real.

2. The cut. Most so-called tailors takes measurements but then those measurements are only used for finding the nearest pre-cut paper model, the models they then use to cut the cloths from. In a properly made tailor suite the tailor makes new paper models for each customer and then cut the cloth.

3. The making. Most so-called tailors glue the inner linings together instead of using stitches, which takes much longer time. A glued suit will show bubbles after its first dry cleaning and then gradually looses its shape.

Please also note that "Made In Italy" is not the same as "Italian Made"! And watch out for statements like "Cashmere Blend" as it is probably only, if any, 1 % cashmere wool in the blend.